1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. acechip

acechip Superiore

I understand that Revotron is not a brand new engine, but rather a Honeywell turbo applied to the early age Xeta engine.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Right and therefore also tested a lot on the test bench and facilities and field tested too. Hard to believe these new age engines can break so easily, with the kind of research and data already at hand. I think Tata will get parallel technology benefit from Fiat and perhaps later some UK based tech might as well trickle down to their SUVs and stuff if they follow Fiat's policy?
    dadasaheb and prabhjot like this.
  3. amitshedha

amitshedha Novizio

Pune
    Congrats all commenters for a century of this forum! :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Arun Prasad

Arun Prasad Timido

hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    The beast arrived in advance. Took delivery on 6th. In one word " Drivers Delight". Very happy !!!
    acechip, adisrini1103 and prabhjot like this.
  5. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Wow, it arrived in advance!!?!? That's a first for Fiat in India. Pleasant sarcasm aside, many congratulations on the purchase of such a rare car that has a love-hate relationship with all. Do start a new thread and post photos. And wishing you many many miles of hassle free and satisfying ownership.
  6. Pr@bhunav

Pr@bhunav Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations @Arun Prasad!!
    Wish u Happy, comfortable, joyful n exciting revolutions!!!

Excited to update that my Avvy has revved 7.5km without any major and worrisome fuss!!

Here are my opinions..

Driveability : No complaints - as usual.
    Seating comforts: comfortable for 3 in back seat for a Hatch Standard(based on feedback from many). Not sure really how much more comforts r experienced in i20!!, which is a claimed winner in this regard in all media reviews.
    AC: No complaints for front seat occupants. But people in rear seat have expressed their discomfort with single AC vent at back, which can satisfy only one person fully at a time. If there were 2 vents,smaller though, capable of spilling chilled air in 2 directions at a time, it would HV been better.
    Fuel Economy: Sorry!! I HV really never bothered to check. Bcos most of my trips HV been in highways with 4 / 5 occupants and luggage. And once the open road is seen..God!! ..Very difficult to control the excitement of experiencing the thrill of high speed stability/control and 'wonder' Steering of this beauty. So..it would be unfair to judge Fuel Economy when driving at 120+ most of the times. Still I m feeling that I m getting 15kmpl.
    Ergonomics: No major uncomforts so far. Can't say best/or needs improvement because I hvnt driven other vehicles for long stretches very often.
    Road Presence n Impression:
    In 3 months 5 - 6 people HV inquired abt the vehicle with full excitement!! I really mean it and surprised!!. At traffic signals..at highway filling stations / breakouts where fellow drivers in other vehicles have seen it along the way. Not sure, bcos its new in market or really it does has that magnetic pull!!! Whatever , its a really pleasant experience.
    Performance @ City traffic: Frankly speaking I HV never felt it very very underpowered so far..I strongly feel Its a better tune in comparison with other options in market.

Interiors: its purely subjective. But I HV always liked the decent (not so clumsy) media player with descent and useful options like blue&me. The high terrain guages are just to add some glamour and I HV not found them useful so far, except compass. But..water bottle holders at doors could have been designed to be actually use full.

All in all very very much satisfied if Value For Money is considered. In fact I hv felt the best overall package for 10 lakh.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  7. Arun Prasad

Arun Prasad Timido

hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I too completely agree. Undoubtedly, it is a class leading and satisfying vehicle. We all can feel proud !!!
  8. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Today took delivery of the Avventura for a Friend. This was the first time I drove it. Man this is a very good car. Tough I got embarrassed a few times since the car stalled & stopped because I'm used to my hard Palio Clutch which in the avventura was really smooth!! wow. The steering is much lighter than my Palio's but weighs up nicely once speed is picked. This is really a car with a charm & every eye on the road was at this :).
  9. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I wish to see every fifth car on road with a FIAT logo.

Hope the new cars like avvy and evo do well and change people's view.
  10. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats in advance,RAJAT.Welcome to the world of FIAT & friend circle of TFI.