1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat at New Delhi Auto Expo - 2014 (TFI report from Page 16)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey I just saw that you had a chat with Ravi and Kedar also. Did my opinion match theirs as well or was mine different? :)

By the way, I have advised him to benefit from the huge 1 lac+ discount on current stock and get the existing one only.
  2. sriprass

sriprass Novizio

India
    Nagothane
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi PS, Both Ravi and Kedar suggested me to wait until the new one arrives. If I still liked the current one, then Go for it with additional bargain for discount. So urs was a diffn from their opinion.
    2 people like this.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The joy of living !!
    5 people like this.
  4. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

Lucknow
    I went to AutoExpo-2014 on the 10th and 11th of Feb.
    Talking about Fiat, it think was too disappointing.
    People talk about the new Linea, its interiors and exteriors etc. BUT WITH THE SAME 1.3 ??? Come on, this shows what they have in pipeline for India. They will be stuck with 1.3 for another couple of years is my guess. The thing is, changing interior and exterior of the Linea does not do any good as it was a must. The current I and E are rooted way back in 2009, thats 5 years. So whats the big thing about changing it. Unless they bring 1.6, the story of Fiat Linea sales will remain the same.
    Now Punto, nothing new, same old models, no excitement here. Abarth, will not be launched is my guess, or even if it is, it will die a slow death like the Fiat 500.
    Now Avventura(spell check???), I guess this wont be launched as well. If it is launched, it will be in the price category of Ecosport(with Ecoboost) or Duster, Terrano, Xylo(great value for money) and will fail space-wise. Generally Indians don't buy cars for its looks, else Punto would have set some kind of a record. Instead of this car, they should have shown something like a Punto T-Jet(Premium) and Punto Classic(bare basic variant) which would practically made much more sense.
    To sum up, Fiat India has not learnt from its history of the past 5-8 years. They cannot foresee the market which I think others like Maruti and Hyundai can. Even though the product is great, there is a time for it. And when that time is gone, its gone. There is no point coming back with an answer(1.6 MJD in 2016) to a question from which all have moved on.
  5. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    They should have brought in the 1.6 MJD.
    But they atleast have the 1.4 Tjet which is the best in its segment!
    Also, with the subsidy on diesel being withdrawn slowly, there are a lot of people looking for a powerful petrol car with good low end torque!
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I got the info that Avventura and 500 Abarth would be showcased, after New Linea launch.
    In Bangalore, Fiat Caffe will showcase both, after 6th March.
    3 people like this.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I hope they showcase it here in pune too :confused:
  8. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Any info as to a similar launch in Pune Caffe?

Sent from my iris504Q using Tapatalk
  9. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Any news of the 2014 Punto.. will it also be showcased ! no words on it .. just test mules are being spotted..
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I got a mail from fiat india regarding launch and pandit auto has shared an invitation on twitter stating 'You are invited'.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.