1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat at New Delhi Auto Expo - 2014 (TFI report from Page 16)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :evilsmile....
    1 person likes this.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Awesome & Fab pics of New Fiat's displayed at expo.
    Loved New Linea,Abarth 500 debut in India & surprise global debut of Fiat's CUV Avventura.
    But Fiat didnt showcased new Punto,why?Fiat should have also showcased Punto Abarth with 500 Abarth & no 1.6 in new linea,no AMT gearbox in new Fiat cars & biggest sad news is no Jeep suv's showcased which was a big hurting thing,anyways 3 new cars showcased by Fiat were Amazing & Fantastic to look at.
  3. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    May be a bit early to ask :)offtopic, forgive me); but I was just wondering whether FIAT will offer the cruise control and the blinkers on ORVM to existing linea customers :anyone.

I would love to take that :up
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Blinkers on ORVM - I highly doubt.

Cruise Control option on existing T-Jet - There is a possibility.

Cruise Control option on existing MJDs - Not possible.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Bsrej, Cruise Control is present on T-Jets, please go through the amazing threads Posted on this Topic.

Also yes you can get blinkers on the ORVM, even before the Launch of the New Linea we already had the ORVM blinkers made by few local manufacturer I had seen it on ebay.in long time ago, but it would be rather strange to have double indicators on the sides, (1-Fender 1 ORMV ).
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    Well, I was thinking Punto was not showcased in Auto Expo with all the updates I've read so far. But the snap from Zigwheels suggest otherwise, we could se a red hot Punto standing next to avventura.

Also zigwheels report says
    "The 0.9-litre TwinAir features a two-cylinder setup with a small turbocharger that has been sourced from Mitsubishi. The 0.9-litre engine produces 85PS of power and 150Nm of torque while consuming less fuel than larger naturally aspirated engines with similar power ratings. The 1.3-litre MultiJet diesel engine on the other hand will receive the same 5-speed gearbox that currently does duty in the Fiat Punto with possibly the 90PS version being offered as the standard engine. The Fiat Avventura will also be offered with its standard 1.2-litre petrol engine. "

Report --- > Auto Expo 2014: Fiat Avventura preview Page - 1| ZigWheels.com

zig1.jpg
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat need not launch this vehicle at all if they have plan to launch it with anything less than 1.3 MJD 90HP and 1.4 T-Jet.
    2 people like this.
  8. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Ramesh. I own a TJET, so there is some hope ...

Thanks Anup. Yes, I have seen those threads and have gone through them. But if we do it ourselves the warranty will get void, right ? That is the only concern I have...
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The TFI report on page 16 of this very thread mentions that there were 2 Fiat Grande Punto on display at the Auto Expo. One in exotica red and other in new pearl white.

People are talking about the new Punto (similar to new Linea) which is expected to launch by the end of 2014 as per speculations. New Punto (expected) was not showcased at the expo.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. sriprass

sriprass Novizio

India
    Nagothane
    Linea T-Jet
    Confused. Was waiting for this new Linea 2014 since sept'13. Today I called a couple of dealers in Mumbai and Pune. Most of them are either ill informed or tight lipped about the new Linea's commercial launch. One of the dealer said Linea T-Jet is a concept vehicle and is at least 6 months to launch. Next guy says we can expect the new version in couple of weeks. He also said that FIAT is going to not going to bring T-Jet but will launch 1.6 MJD. I was also offered attractive discounts and freebies for the current. I was planning to go for the the Emotion T-Jet.

Confused!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.