1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat at New Delhi Auto Expo - 2014 (TFI report from Page 16)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sujay

Sujay Amatore

New Delhi
    Wow I like this thread. I will make it to the Expo on day one and will post the updates from FIAT.

Cheers!
    1 person likes this.
  2. sriprass

sriprass Novizio

India
    Nagothane
    Linea T-Jet

Hi, I am a debutant to this forum and as usual a member of "Love at first sight of Linea" club. I am in the process of buying the T-Jet. The dilemma is should I wait for the Linea facelift 2014 or go ahead with the 2013 model? Any suggestions. Is linea f/l launched or showcased in auto expo 2014? I mean will it be on sale from feb?
    1 person likes this.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I do not think it will be on sale from Feb.

It is wise to buy current Linea TJET considering the discount factor. Otherwise new Linea is also a worthy car. Most of us believe that the current Linea looks more classy on the outside but interiors are said to be surely better in the new Linea. btw, if 70% of the rumours are to be believed, then new Linea might come with a 1.6MJD engine. Wouldnt you consider Linea MJD 1.6 over TJET 1.4?? Similar power (anticipated) with added benefits of diesel economy.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Amogh, hope what you know includes 1.6 engine for Linea and facelift of punto!
    Only hope them to launch them soon.

Wish I could cover the Auto expo 2014, but will be eagerly awaiting the TFI coverage on the same! Cheers!

5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I would say wait for few weeks, in Feb you will know all details of new Linea. If you like it, more than current one, wait for sometime, else buy existing one.
    1 person likes this.
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you like the looks of the current model - GO FOR IT! If you take a poll on the forum (and I am pretty sure it is going to come up once the new Linea is launched) about which Linea looks better : 2013 or 2014 - I am sure the former will win the poll!

On the other hand if you want improved interiors and are willing to accept the changes on the outside I would suggest you wait. I am not sure if it will be available for sale immediately (most probably it would. AFAIK FIAT does not want to take any chances this time)

Just a matter of few days now. No harm waiting till the formal announcement is done.
    2 people like this.
  7. sriprass

sriprass Novizio

India
    Nagothane
    Linea T-Jet
    I wish I had some more details about the launch. FIAT is still tight lipped with hardly a week for AE2014. When I last visited showrrom in Navi Mumbai a fortnight ago, they had no news of any launches in the near future but also had only 1 punto, 1 T-Jet n 1MJD. Can I also have some technical (Petrol Vs Diesel) info on 1.4 T-Jet Vs 1.6 MJD. I have developed an affinity towards Petrol Cars. My wait for this beauty is since 2011 am now desperate to go for it!
  8. We already have one, Fiat India - Future Plans :p

A Segment car / Novo Palio is interesting.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

My simple point is where is the build up or anticipation in the m
    edia on future launches?. Look how Maruti is building up excitement about the Celerio and its AMT . As if automatic transmission is something so revolutionary. Unless fiat creates a buzz, I don't see any major increase in sales

Sent from my CRXT 1131 using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  10. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    I dont agree with FIAT saying not a lucrative market. The newly launched Mercedes S Class sold all 125 pieces allotted for India priced at 2.10 crores at the time of booking itself.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.