1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat at New Delhi Auto Expo - 2014 (TFI report from Page 16)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    TFI at Fiat India at expo

Just returned home after spending a day at the expo 2014. Started from home at 3am in the morning.

Spent an entire day at the expo and I must say that although Fiat India have a humble presence and are showcasing only the cars that are India bound (others are showcasing international cars like Camaro and what not), their hall (Hall no. 10) is definitely the most exciting. ;)

Fiat's hall is the only hall where cars are more beautiful than other models. ;) Ofcourse, I am talking about budget cars and those exotics are not considered while making this statement.

Here is a teaser of what to expect tomorrow in this thread or an official thread with reports and pictures as deemed appropriate.

FIAT Avventura sporting the TFI sticker.

Abarth 500 sporting the TFI sticker.

19 people like this.
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

I liked the esseesse

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  3. PaddleShifter

Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday, myself, Gurjinder and TFI member Datta went to the Auto expo to get photos and info for the TFI forum as an official team. A lot has been updated already in this thread. We couldn't go earlier this time because the leaves couldn't be sanctioned from our respective work places.

Anyways, Gurjinder went to Delhi on 7th Feb whereas I started from home at 3am on the morning of 8th after having long day at the work place on 7th to reach the auto expo directly (wrong move as that left me exhausted by the mid of auto expo). Datta accompanied us from Gurgaon.

Fiat's zone can inside the hall can be divided into 4 zones. Upon entering the hall no. 10 of FIAT, the first zone comprises of the 3 cars that greet us. These are the Linea Classic in pearl white, an Exotica Red Grande Punto Sport with black roof and another Grande Punto in pearl white color.

Behind this is the Fiat merchandise store and experimental lab. You can get some rare Fiat merchandise at the store like a FIAT 500 metal keychain, smaller than usual FIAT 500 and Punto scale models, Fiat 500 pen drive 8GB (cost around Rs2300/-) besides usual stuff available at Fiat showrooms like Tshirts, sweat shirts, wall and desk clocks, coffee mugs, pens, card holders etc.

Next zone (second) is the FIAT avventure and the new Linea 2014 for India.

FIAT Avventura is a concept crossover that is supposed to come to India soon. The display vehicle does not have an engine (we were told) and no details can be "seen" about it. The odometer has a couple of thousand kilometers on it apparently (Gurjinder says it read 7900km). Could be just a reference odometer as of now.

Behind it is the new Linea 2014 MultiJet on a rotating platform. More details next.

In the third zone lies 2 New Linea 2014, TJET followed by the multijet. We checked out both the cars. Interiors are totally revamped. A few points about the new Linea are summarized here:
    - New Linea has a 1.3MJD and 1.4TJET with 5 speed transmission in both.
    - The white portion on the dashboard is fabric and feels very nice to touch. It may need some maintenance (cleaning) though.
    - Interiors are much better and I would say on par with cars 1 segment higher.
    - Now there is an AUX port in the ICE placed with the USB port near the cup holders. Hopefully, now you do not need to burn CDs because of lack of USB port in non Blue and Me equipped cars. There is a remote control as well.
    - Cruise control, auto headlamps and wipers.

FIAT has got almost everything in the new Linea except the 1.6 diesel engine. I had an opportunity to talk to the FIAT officials present at the venue. I tried my best to convey the message that in India, initial response is crucial and if the car fails to get some momentum at the start, usually, there is difficulty is generating sales later on even if specs and pricing is revised.

Verna and Vento are the two benchmarks on which FIAT has to aim itself with the new Linea. Honda City will sell based on the brand perception of Honda alone.

In the fourth zone lies the two FIAT 500 in their Abarth avatar.

Some photos. Pic courtesy Datta and his Nikon dSLR. Mine are in my cam and phone and shall be uploaded later.

01 FIAT Avventura

02. New Linea. White portion of the dash has a fabric over it.

03. Abarth 500

04. This Linea Classic cabin is looking more beautiful than a Jaguar F type coupe I saw. :evil:

05. It seems Datta was equally interested in "model photography" as well. The FIAT Avventura model and what Vin Diesel might say looking at her. :ugeek:
    Those kind of eyes- Fast Furious 2009.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    29 people like this.
  4. s.rahus

s.rahus Novizio

Thanks for the update!! Would FIAT introduce 1.6 MJD engine option later for Linea 2014, by any chance? How about the interiors of Punto 2014, will that be like Linea 2014, have a clue?

U S
  5. PaddleShifter

Grande Punto 1.3
    Interiors of Punto 2014 will be same (my guess) as that of Linea 2014 which is logical. But Punto 2014 is quite far away from launch as per my guess.

FIAT Avventura, FIAT Linea and FIAT Punto having similar interiors is good for Fiat as they can share a lot of parts which in turn could keep cost in a limit.

Fiat needs to be certain about the quality of locally produced 1.6MJD in our conditions before it can be brought. So thats why they will be launching with 1.3MJD initially. 1.6MJD might come later this year but there can be no sureties.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sriprass

sriprass Novizio

Linea T-Jet
    Went through all the updates.. thank u to all those who took me to auto expo Hall-10 :). Any idea on when will be the commercial launch of New Linea, Price updates??
  7. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Whole car is a dummy. Why is the hood release latch on the left side? seems like a LHD car with a RHD dash, I'm pretty sure even the pedals and steering is fake as well.
    1 person likes this.
  8. PaddleShifter

Grande Punto 1.3
    But the key is at Mar position and the IP is lit. So electrical connections are there I guess. Maybe most of the components are missing.

This reminds me of 1 thing that was in my mind yesterday:

Does a car company save money on some type of taxes etc. if a non working car is imported for exhibition vs a working car. I have no idea regarding the regulations and/or taxes on importing cars for display at expos and other exhibitions.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

even the dashboard plastic seems to be broken already..
    Classic FIAT , i must say.
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Any idea on the launch date of Avventura in India ? Will the production model be the same as concept ? FIAT seems to be tight lipped about it. .

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.