1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat at New Delhi Auto Expo - 2014 (TFI report from Page 16)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viny

Viny Esperto

Talk to local man about Jeep, its means that 2-4L 30yrs old Rajesh Khana movies drive, moving around hills and next to train.
    Mass public dont see Jeep as a big brand selling stuffs in range of 20L+ market. Thanks to mahindra, jeep design and looks are more part of rural india and adventure seeking junkies.
    A family of 4 who is buying ecosport, duster and living in city is taking it as day to day city car, plus weekend masti car. And doesnt have big pockets to spend 15-20L where likes of fortuner has big brand image.

In such a scenario if JEEP comes into indian market, there would be just only enthusiasts buying it out. And not common man and then on some auto forum, some keyword warrior and google guru will say it was FIAT/Jeep strategy failure, advertising failure or some other management planning and gimmick failure.

Base fact is in India to survive in market one needs a people car and then others niche products in its basket.
    I think FIAT took right call of not introducing JEEP in India. If they are unable to sell good cars like punto and Linea which is part of mass market, they will have only handfull buyer from luxury segment to pick up Jeeps resulting in unnecessary market image damage to global brand.
    2 people like this.
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    I guess the 1.6 (105 bhp ) version will be launched sometime mid of this year when the Avventure get's launched they you will also see Linea will get an Up version of 1.6 MJD (1 varient only) just like how the Punto 90hp came into existence. :evilsmile
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

if you take any cues from what has happened till date with FIAT, the best thing is to not guess especially with FIAT!!
    2 people like this.
  4. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

Fiat don't just be happy with opening caffes, please wake up and smell the coffee too. Every car maker wants to have a presence in all segments but you seem to be happy with the current models.
  5. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    Linea 1.3
    LOL theblack..can control my laugh..ROFL..:-D
    Well said indeed.Even i have stopped guessing about their products since many days.:evilsmile
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

If I were the FIAT designer or CEO, I would have opted for avenntura's face for the New Linea with chrome grill for the top model instead of the not so pleasing new face of the new Linea.
  7. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Any one has passes for Business Hours Auto Expo Motor Show, for Monday or Tuesday ?

Anyone from TFI at Auto Expo ?
  8. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    I feel Fiat has done well on this expo. No body had idea about Avventura before 2 months of this expo and they come up with global premier product in INDIA. Linea face lift looks also liked by many auto experts except engine specs but current engine should manage to pull with decent pace. They met the expectation by changing interiors, adding AUX\USB. Punto sales doing good since last April for fiat and that might be the reason not to introduce abarth punto. Anyhow good that Abarth officially introduced in INDIA. Definitely Fiat on the move and wish them all the best.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    2 people like this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well Said SOOZ_P. 100 likes to your post .
    i too have same feelings. FIAT India have done a great job and about Avventura you said the right thing.FIAT is on Move.
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Fiat and abarth are promoting 500 globally... it is abarth 500 all over be it UK or US... fiat took the right step by introducing abarth 500 and not abarth punto...

Had they launched abarth punto instead of abarth 500, experts would have been cribbing that "when will fiat come out of punto and linea in india" as majority will treat abarth punto as punto only.. and secondly all would have said that they are promoting abarth 500 globally now and bought old abarth punto to india...

Fiat did took a right step....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    6 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.