1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat at New Delhi Auto Expo - 2014 (TFI report from Page 16)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ramjn, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mayank

mayank Amatore

All these new vehicles from fiat have left me in a dilemma whether to go for avventura or for linea for my next one? :p Both looks damn good. Also apart from these two, i like 500l and punto evo as well. But there's one question that still remain in my mind after these launches. How feasible it is to bring abarth 500 in india?? We all have seen how previous launched 500 fared in india, even VW beetle got beaten out of the market. Well, history is history as fiat is starting afresh journey with abarth 500, but i am not sure whether the ground clearance that abarth 500 possess is justifiable given our indian road conditions. Pricing is another factor for determining its fate. Its such a high value product a class product which is highly appreciated in europe and even Usa, Lets see how indian enthusiast take it.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Wasnt there a news that Punto would be discontinued for the European markets and the new Punto will be on 500 L platform, so doesnt make sense to launch Abarth in Punto version. Regarding the pricing, Fiat surely must have thought about the cost concious Indian market before they make any launch programmes. Wasnt it the case for the Jeep Launch when it was postponed with the reasons on uneconomical market at present in India?
    1 person likes this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Today's hindu reports that the new Punto will be introduced in four weeks time, quoting Nagesh.
    3 people like this.
  4. y2knirmal

y2knirmal Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat website didnt have any details about Linea Engine :(
    index
  5. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Well Fiat know very well that 500 Abarth will be a niche product rather than a table toppers in numbers. The margin will be higher too. But it will give a space for the Abarth brand in India. Its same for any Brands be it Audi : RS or Merc: AMG or BMW : M series. So it will be not correct to judge Fiat based on Abarth sales. Its the seriousness and intension in Indian Market which should be appreciated.

More interesting will be Punto Abarth with T jet tuning. That can be priced resonably and draw some numbers. I dont find any problem with launching Abarth with 500 to give Indian buyers a taste of what abarth is and generate curiocity and then push it to Punto where more people will afford it.
    1 person likes this.
  6. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I hope this is true.. Auto Expo would have been an ideal venue to showcase the new Punto.. not sure why they choose not to :confused and delaying it...

BTW, looking at the avventures new facia and headlamps .. will new punto be similar to the avventure's front facia except cladding !! or it will be punto evo :???:
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Would the different grills & air dams of the Facelifted Linea be used for the Linea classic and Punto? Or would they retain the original look?

I for one didnt like the Fiat logo position on the new Linea, should have been at the centre between the chrome lining rather than at the top on the front grille . Anybody thinks same?
    3 people like this.
  8. vikassharma

vikassharma Novizio

Rewalsar, Mandi
    CL Inte.jpg front.jpg Inte.jpg
    6 people like this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Frankly, the expo for Fiat was nothing exciting.
    New Linea was expected anyway, and there is nothing more. No new engines are biggest dissapointment.

Avventure might be a thing to look for in Mid year.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Very true. I thought the same. There is no exciting unveil or announcements made. It is indeed very boring show from Fiat. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.