1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT ASS closing down in Amritsar, Jalandhar & Ludhiana..

Discussion in 'Dealership Reviews' started by ravudai9, May 8, 2016.

1. ravudai9

ravudai9 Timido

Amritsar
    I have been amongst the initial buyers of Fiat Punto; bought from TATA-FIAT dealership in Amritsar, Punjab in 2009. The dealership was never really good, so for the most part the car was serviced at Joshi Autozone, Chandigarh. After the breakup with TATA, it seems that the sales & service are far from settled till date. The one at Amritsar by the name of Wavess Fiat was pathetic right from the start with problems ranging from non availability of parts, lack of professionalism & steep overcharging even for petty things. Imagine paying 330 bucks just to change a brake bulb while Cargo Fiat, Jalandhar charged just 50. So, it was but natural that I took the car to Jalandhar regularly for servicing. Post April, Cargo Jalandhar has left Fiat, Wavess Amritsar is on its way out & even Dada Motors, Ludhiana is also cutting off ties with Fiat. Wonder when will the company have settled ASS all across. Taking the car for servicing next time around is going to be a serious problem since the only other center is Speed Fiat, Chandigarh; some 250 km away.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Sad state of affairs. I think the overall dealer network has shrieked to quite an extant for all the known reasons. FIAT also has stopped showcasing the "100 plus dealerships and growing", line from their print advertisements too.

@ravudai9, if the car is out of warranty, may be its a better idea to find a local workshop who has good reputation for regular maintenance of the car.

Cheers,
    pradeep.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @ravudai9

Sad to hear. The wave 'group' have not done a fair job at all with their other Fiat dealerships either imo, in Delhi and Gurgaon: good riddance, i say.

Hope your problems will be permanently alleviated with a hopefully JEEP+Fiat combined franchise or 2 opening up soon in Panjab, a big expensive-suv market as we know. Once JEEP retails as well, the viability and profitability of dealers and service centres should improve manifold? But yeah, sounds like you'll have to take a road-trip for each service, maybe?

Find a good independent garage, afaik there are many in amritsar+ludhiana/etc + spares from 99rpm.com: routine maintenance and running reapirs should still be quite do-able till the whole Jeep+Fiat hope is realized by year-end?

cheers
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    From the news I have, JEEP would be sold & serviced from a completely different dealership network. There is almost no possibility of FIAT & JEEP offering services under one umbrella. From what I heard, the JEEP dealership is being handed over to a well known dealer selling other brands here in Hyderabad. The current dealers are opted out or rather should I put it across as the current dealers here are not willing to bleed more by on boarding JEEP too :D (as the future of sales is uncertain).

Cheers,
    pradeep.
    prabhjot and dadasaheb like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @PradeepM

That is not entirely true. AFAIK there will be a variable geometry of dealerships: the biggest markets and cities will/may get independent Jeep dealerships, while the smaller cities will indeed recieve the Jeep franchise dovetailed with the already-existing Fiat one.

Of course, which dealers are willing and/or able to take up Jeep is a variable issue: as in, full of 'variables'.

I suspect they'll phase those smaller-city combined-dealerships so as to get the timing right for the more-affordable model: the locally-made c-suv in mid/late-2017. While the major-city independent (all of them? or just some?) Jeep dealerships will launch in a few months' time.

In Panjab, i guess outside of Chadigarh-Mohali, say in Ludhiana: it could easily be a combined dealership, with Jeep being the very viable brand, and Fiat being the propped-up one!

At any rate one hopes the Wave group Fiat dealer in gurgaon (Torque) is replaced by a combined DRS Motors Jeep-Fiat setup here. THAT would work sweetly indeed, imo, judging by the consistent quantity and quality (and busy-ness+ business viability?) they've maintained at their stand-alone service centre here, and the 'quality' of its management.
    Turbothinghy and PradeepM like this.