1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat and Tata to re-align their Indian joint-venture

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by cyberdoctorind, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Hello guys!

Was watching CNBC TV18 channel for the last half an hour, Saw a flash news which read that Fiat is going to end the JV with Tata for dealerships soon! also it mentioned that Fiat is mulling over individual Fiat dealerships soon. Their was also some mention about supplies to the dealership(not clear). Also mentioned was Fiat preferring existing Tata dealers for the sole dealerships.

And lastly it said Fiat India officials decline to comment on the same!:drinks

Though the above news is already known and discussed to death, we might see it happening in reality very soon!
    2 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Looks like CNBC TV18 doesn't have any other news and they are digging some very old news. What is flash news here?
  3. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    my apologies for the wrong word~ flash news. I meant the small tickers which we can read eg updates on stock, cnbc alerts.

I will try to post the link tomorrow.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Never mind. I was just expressing my anguish over the CNBC TV18 for showing such a old news.

I didn't question you seeing this in CNBC :D.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah it was in the News long back, we are waiting to see it happening..
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Can't hardly wait!
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    here's the link to the video:Revised Tata JV gives focus to Fiat distribution >> Watch Video

It says Fiat is going to encourage the existing 40 Tata-Fiat dealers in top 20 cities to open Fiat exclusive outlets by increasing dealer margins to 8.5 % from the existing 5%.

Earlier this year it was told that the existing Tata-Fiat dealerships will not be touched and 20 new Fiat exclusive ones would be opened.

What this video says is that Fiat is now trying to pull out of the existing Tata-Fiat network and establish their own independent distribution network. So thats the news!!
    1 person likes this.
  8. anoopdas

anoopdas Timido

Kochi
    But in the News column it is said that, FIAT is going to open only in Hyderabad, Newdelhi, Mumbai Kolkatta, Chennai,Banglore , Chennai and Jaipur. What about in Kochi and Trivandrum. You can find major sale in these cities. FIAT please consider these cities too.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat will sure open in Kerala too. I am seeing hell lot of Fiat's in Kerala than any other state. How can they lose that?

BTW, Welcome to TFI anoopdas.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Fiat should open next Fiat cafe in Cochin.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.