1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat and Tata to re-align their Indian joint-venture

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by cyberdoctorind, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Fiat + GM developed MJD, right? Chevrolet is GM?
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes right. It should be "Cherokee" not Chevrolet.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

There is no "Tie Up" like thing between FIAT, Jeep, Chrysler & Cherokee. Tie up is something based on MOUs between two organisation. They are one organisation. Cherokee is a model so FIAT can't tie up with a model under an MOU, it has to be an organisation:mrgreen:. I wonder if FIAT is looking for some alternate sales outlets for Jeep sales.
    No further JV is required pls. Start it like one major dealershipin top 20 cities & then expand over the span of 2 yrs.
    Jeep is a brand that is destined for boomed sales stats for first year. Don't waste this opputunity FIAT where you seem to set up for another doom! I am not sure if it "Chevrolet" is a typo or misprint:A. That's why they are separating from TATA?

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Wrong! MJD were already existing at the time FIAT GM tied up. The deal itself was based on using FIAT's diesel engine technology + GM's petrol to be used by FIAT & FIAT will terminate it's plans for it's own petrols (Alfa Romeo+FIAT, it helped to delay Multiair technology to materialize for another 10 yrs) + Share common platforms among the range for cost saving. GM is dumbest of them all. They didn't develop a lamp using diesel as fuel till date, forget about engine:dancing.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Today, I visited one of the TASS in Chennai and was talking with a senior service guy over there about the new Fiat dealership in Chennai. I then got the shocker of the decade. I was told that Fiat has closed the application for new dealerships in Chennai. They have decided and would be known shortly. Why I am shocked is, why should Fiat close the new dealer opportunity when there are people ready to apply for it?
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Ramjin,may be Fiat has already found an ideal candidate for the dealership and since it may be a one dealer per town policy,time for new applications was closed.
  6. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    I think has given opportunity for the existing TASS and some members of this forum reported that none of the chennai TATA-FIAT dealerships interested in starting Fiat dealerships?!!. So they Fiat closed opportunity for the current dealerships and now will be looking for new dealerships ..
    This is only my guess..but I believe there will be dealership in chennai for sure
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I met a senior guy at TASS yesterday and he told me that the Chennai dealership has been taken by KUN (Remember KUN Hyundai?).
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I was actually expecting that. Is it a confirmed news Relativity?

Currently, KUN is the dealer for Hyundai, Honda and BMW in Chennai.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I was also told my a our TFI member and also the Coimbatore dealership is going to be taken by KUN as well. Are they any good?
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Yes Ramjn, sounds like it is confirmed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.