1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat and Tata to re-align their Indian joint-venture

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by cyberdoctorind, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I wish we don't get the same service men we see today in the separate Fiat Service stations :).
  2. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Hope they train the technicians properly or this won't make much of a difference.

3. Ramesh,
    I too think that whatyou said is going to happen ..

TATA is not going to put money and effort to train its people to work on FIAT cars . Rather they will be putting the same service men who are currently working on FIAT cars in the new service stations .

Only advantage will be less traffic in service stations . Even if any dent or scratch happen it will be because of another fiat car and not because of a Taxi :D

1 person likes this.
  4. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

FIAT specific service station would help them and us. Better trained service men would improve the service experience and in turn the would improve the brand image of FIAT's ASS :)
  5. somu_200

hope , from now onward spares are available immediately , previously we use to wait for 2 to 3 weeks.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    My wishes are opposite, I wish the service continues what I am getting from last 2+ years.
    5 people like this.
  7. royj

royj Esperto

That's why they said the experience differ from dealer to dealer :p
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Mods, the title of this thread is misleading. AFAIK, the JV is still intact. Also, TATA dealers are opening the 3S centres. In my view the title should be changed
  9. Prashant

It will certainly be good for Fiat if it disassociates with Tata Motors.

Without the intention of hurting die-hard Tata fans, in my opinion the Indicab image has affected Brand Tata and also the extended use of same sort of design from a modest Indica / Indicabs to a mid segment Manza or the more premium Aria.
    Tata should also introspect why they failed to keep the JV going and why their dealers failed to do justice to the Fiat
    Fiat cars have been attracting prospective buyers to Tata showrooms so it will be interesting for what strategy Tatas adopt after end of the JV.

From Fiat's perspective, they can only do better from here if they go alone. Fiat should reconsider supplying diesel engines to competitors and instead bring a wider range of cars (more segments) in India.
    That will be good to take on tough competition that they face today. And secondly Fiat cannot ignore the importance of a large service and dealership network.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2012
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    FIAT-INDIA should have well trained staff and the Service engineers in the bay, not the engineers who will do experiments on our cars,
    They should be well trained to solve the issue.
    FIAT should also cut down the supply of their gems to the competitors, and that too the sticker on the competitors cars should be mandatory (Powered by FIAT).let the owner remove after taking the delivery of their cars.
    Customer care should be given the utmost priority..
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.