1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat and Tata to re-align their Indian joint-venture

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by cyberdoctorind, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Yes, it's the media saying so. Parting way with TATA is not a sudden decision. I believe they had planned the separation at least a year ago. Both FIAT and TATA knew that they would separate soon. Maybe they needed more time to execute the decision. The JV didnt fail because of Rajeev, it was because of the conflicting interests of TATA and FIAT. They should have forseen it while signing the JV.

See my post dated December 5, 2011, 10:54 AM
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Escape from TATA

Friends ! Let's celebrate. Today morning I spoke with Mr.Mangesh of FIAT. He told within 1 year FIAT is going to setup complete independant service network. So that FIAT can give better service For sales, FIAT has formed a new company which will take care of sales department.
    2 people like this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This is one thing I fail to understand. Why should FIAT form another company for sales and service? Why cant the current FIAPL do that?
  4. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    brilliant stuff from Fiat. Just keep it going.
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Does the Fiat - India lacks the PRO in their house.....!!!!!
    Y do they deped on the others for their gems to sell out..
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    This is neither about being a Fiat fan nor about having sympathy for Rajeev Kapoor. The point was the typical 'jumping to conclusion' news reporting that the ENTIRE Indian news media suffers from. It's very easy to say X did not perform hence is being replaced by an Italian Y. I am really interested in seeing what this hot shot Italian achieves. Unless he has the complete support and attention of Fiat S.p.A he cannot do anything. That is the point I was making - Fiat S.p.A wanted to fix Chrysler, they did. How? Because they gave Chrysler and the US market all they had. This is what is missing in them when it comes to Fiat India. This half hearted approach has to go otherwise they can change any number of CEO's and nothing will come out of it.

The same Rajeev Kapoor did wonders in Hero Honda. Why? Because there were systems in place, he knew where he stood in his decisions and was given a free hand with full support of the management. In Fiat one always noticed tentativeness in everyone - right from the CEO to the security guard at the Tata dealership. It seemed like everyone at Fiat was taking baby steps - lets do this and see where it takes us then we decide what to do. There was never any confidence in any official at Fiat India. Case in point - the way the top honcho's fielded questions during TFI's trip to their plant.
    1 person likes this.
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    One more year to experiment ? I am already into my third year with the Punto. May change my car by then. It has been a case of gingerly using the car as no spare is available off the counter and everything takes a week or more. It is tough to live that way. All the best to Fiat. What are they trying to achieve by selling higher volumes? It will be a bigger disaster as they cant even support well the meagre volumes that they are doing now

Abdul
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2012
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I waited for 2 weeks in last Manson for a side window raising lever problem. The parts were not available! and the model is ALTO lxi.
    There may be some few cases but parts availability is not a major problem currently.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Abdul Ji, I agree that Fiat ASS and part availability is not as great as that of Maruti but still not that bad. My friend got his dezire back after 4 months from the MASS. Reason-Engine part has to come from Haryana. This kind of news is never exaggerated.
    3 people like this.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The main thing is that we FIATians speak up.,
    But the others just hide it out with fake smiles.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.