1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat and Tata to re-align their Indian joint-venture

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by cyberdoctorind, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    True. Once I called one top level person regarding a issue with the make of the car and, he answered me while he was in a meeting and give his another number to call me after some time. The way the top management(most of them) react to the customers are really one of the best in industry. Their only problem is the network issue. Once it is resolved they can come up. One problem with past is the lack of internet connectivity. I came to know about strong points of Fiat from internet. In those days internet access was less . If I were not connected to internet I would have believed that Maruti cars are best and would not even bother to step in to a fiat showroom. Now people can judge what is good and what is bad very easily. Once the people get confidence in Fiat networks sails will shoots up. The potential customers of Fiat cars, I believe are very large. This from my experience by talking with different people. Attitude of them is" I want to...... but...." They are mentally 80% oriented towards Fiat but the fear of uncertainty is the problem.
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Tjet was given first to Pune, Fiat cafe to Delhi and now new fiat showroom to Hyderabad.Good:)
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I think sites like TFI are a direct feedback to FIAT on what customer expects. Pls be careful whatever you type because if we would keep uttering nonsensical things just because we want to type, there are good chances FIAT management would take a wrong step. Eg. is, i have read@automitveindia.com review of 2012 Punto. 2012 Punto doesn't have rear anti roll bars to make it lighter by 50 Kgs. Now that's bad!! This is because of the useless propaganda by people who don't have a FIAT & this is how weight is reduced (yes that how weight can be reduced). They can even make it lighter than tin boxes (Swift/Beatz), you just ask them to do so:mrgreen:.

Situation is already improved. Any new product (preferably Panda or Uno with a different name) is going to sell good even with existing JV. Issue is FIAT is hesitant investing more to enhance portfolio & not paying attention to portion of the glass which is "HALF EMPTY". Punto/Linea have done their job which was to make FIAT a usual sight on road.
    Time is right to let some new products come through. Show us what you have really got FIAT!

People keep cribbing about 1.6 MJD/2 ltr MJD but hardly aware that even with a manual six speed cogs, 1248 cc VGT is more than sufficient. 0-100 timings will be in order of 11-12 secs & top speed will cross 200 km/hr. At present,car selling has become stats war in market & stats on papers are not favoring FIAT cars at all. There is some certain fan following but to win an unaware customer, you have to make things attractive on paper too. Dumbest step is "not to advertise your security/safety foray is unique with FIAT's among Indian cars". Every i20 is labelled with "5 star safety" label :lol
    Even Toyota advertises safety of Etios/Liva which are worst tin sheets around but FIAT....?

I am amazed who is deciding marketing strategies of FIAT? Kick him out even if you don't have his replacement. I am sure You would manage better.
    1 person likes this.
  5. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    From last one year , all Fiat fans are bashing fiat for Joint Venture . Now when they have took step to move ahead Solo than why people still not satisfied . Everything needs time , its not Micky Mouse game that today they announced and TOMO they should have their own set up .
    Please Please don't put words in others mouth against company's future . Fiat will do good , have faith.
    Got my car serviced on 7th , had issue of front left door lock , they replaced lock and serviced car in 3 hours.
    2 people like this.
  6. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    I am not sure if other Tfi'ans have noticed this.. but there has been a considerable change in how ppl have started to react after news about new showroom being opened and that existing SC will service Fiat cars for another 1 year..

Would like to wish FIAT all the best & hope FIAT brings more good news in the coming days with some more detailed plans of 3S network around India.
  7. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Expecting the building works of new Fiats sales & service network be finished soon.. can we expect new models especially in an SUV category.. Renault Duster is coming with price tag of 7-8 lakhs. Can we expect simillar kind of vehicle from fiat.? another doubt is if fiat bring 1.6 MJD in india , will the engine be shared with Tata?
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    OT Posts are moved here - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-issues-questions/3676-cost-cutting-fiat-7.html.

Fiat open to more models, diesel engines

Fiatindia_1078391e.jpg

fiat-exclusive-dealership-launch2t.jpg

Source - Business Line : Companies News : Fiat open to more models, diesel engines
    5 people like this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It looks like Fiat is aggressive in setting up the dealership.

Today, sometime back I got a call from a outsourced partner of Fiat India enquiring about my seriousness and willingness to setup the dealership :D. Hold on guys, I just filled the form online to download the dealership application.
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.