1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat and Tata to re-align their Indian joint-venture

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by cyberdoctorind, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

I don't think even so called "Indian Enthusiasts" understand FIAT's properly. Like it or not, FIAT's USP is it's sport essence & they are absolute cruisers which fools have no idea of.
    A true enthusiast will never ditch FIAT because It has got exactly what Enthusiast looks for. If still some one ditches, he is another Internet enthusiast. The truth is, there are not true automobile enthusiast in India who really understand the cars & can act as brand ambassadors of FIAT. They would prefer to do that for Hyundai/Maruti/Toyota which are nothing but plain boring & full of guilt as lipstick on a pig[/QUOTE]

cant agree more to Enki.

i think its a very gud move by Fiat India. we TFian shud have some patience and let them do their work. its shows how serious Fiat is about its indian operation. i think this move shud surely put to rest those stupid speculation that Fiat will leave india. we shud support Fiat India rather than keep critically analyzing each and every move by Fiat India.
    1 person likes this.
  2. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

any information about new dealership of Fiat in Trivandrum? kulathunkal or MM?
  3. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Read the discussion on FIAT's new dealership plans in T-BHP. So many of them are criticizing FIAT for the new plan. Till now every one wanted FIAT to start their own dealership,now when they plan for that most of them are opposing it. I don't know why some of them always criticize FIAT. What ever they do people won't accept them. I really wish FIAT will pull it off this time
    1 person likes this.
  4. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

I always observe that people who don't own own Fiats have more problem with their After Sales Service. Don't no WHY???
    4 people like this.
  5. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

I absolutely agree on that point.. they are the ones more concerned about fiat's problems than the owners..

From my earlier post, i am still waiting for my linea(1.3 MJD) to be delivered after the 15k 2nd service @ concorde Kochi. 4 May, Friday EOD was the commited date but they called and clarified tht since the wheel alignment has to be done outside car will be ready on SAt ( 5 May). Unfortunately it was a "Hartal" on sat due to a brutal murder of a political leader in Kannur and as usual no one turned up in Concorde. Sunday being a holiday, I am expecting the delivery today EOD ( Hoperfully).

In between the estimate seems to be around Rs 5-6K + Taxes. Not sure what all they have changed.. Can some please let me know if these figs are nominal for 15k service? In some of the earlier posts by members i remember that wipers were replaced FOC? Can anyone shed light on the terms for this replacement and if i can get this under warranty? Concorde has quoted a fig of RS 600 per wiper blade?
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Perception plays a very important role in the Indian auto buyer's market - both good and bad perception.

- Hyundai service is perceived to be second best to Maruti. Hyundai owner's have been crying themselves hoarse about the poor service they are getting yet if you go to any what car section you will see the point about Hyundai service is excellent being parroted by people.

- Hyundai cars are perceived to be reliable and trouble free. i10 & 120 have been plagued with steering rattle and A/c issues from day of their launch. Hyundai has very successfully managed the PR around this issue and not many people know the problems these cars come with. So well is the management of these problems that i20 sales have never fallen below 5K per month despite a whole thread running on how owner's are banging their heads on the Hyundai dealerships trying to get a solution to these issues.

- Hyundai is perceived to be a very customer centric company. Read ownership reports of i20 ower's - email's , telephone calls & letters to Hyundai RO and HO have never been acknowledged by the company for year's. Yet people still firmly believe in Hyundai's customer response methods.

- Hyundai service is perceived to be cheap. You can read a whole thread by Hyundai owner's on TBHP on how Hyundai service is neither good nor cheap anymore yet people keep parroting about 'cheap Hyundai service' every time.

- Japanese cars are perceived to be champions in mileage. I had a SX4 and now have a City A/T. There is hardly any difference in mileage of the two cars. My 10 years old Palio S10 returns almost similar mileage as my 2008 SX4 & 2010 City A/T. The difference is not a deal breaker yet you will hear people say 'Buy Maruti / Honda over Fiat / Skoda / VW as they are more fuel efficent'. Noone asks these 'experts' how much better a City is in mileage compared to Vento or Linea petrol.

- Fiat cars are perceived to be low in mileage , prone to reliablity issues , have scarcity of spares and dealers are non-responsive and service qualty is pathetic.

Why is mileage of 13kmpl from a SX4 good while 13kmpl from a Palio gas guzzler?

Why is rattling in Maruti explained as 'look at our roads, all cars will rattle here' but rattling in Fiat 'pathetic reliablity'?

Why is spending Rs.5,000 for every service in Maruti / Honda cheap but the same amount spent in servicing a Fiat or VW expensive?
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
    15 people like this.
  7. sungoa2010

Amit, What you have pointed out is THE MAIN DECIDING FACTOR for many Indians.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Rubber parts have just one years warranty. If they(wiper blades) got damaged within one year of purchase, then they should be replaced under warranty.
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

@ AMIT- I truely agree! These guys dont say that how is the handling compared to the Linea, they say "Better tires would have helped"! According to them Fiat's are always prone to so called "niggling issues", where as Maruti's are very reliable with the same Multijet engine! I say bring out those people who say this! I'll give nice and perfect answers to there questions!
    2 people like this.
  10. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Thanks Fiatlover.. My Linea is just 10months and I will surely put across this point to the service guys. They mentioned something like Warranty for Wiper blade is for the first 5000km( which is 6months for 1st service) so I wanted to check the validity on the forum before i actually pay them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.