1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat and Tata to re-align their Indian joint-venture

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by cyberdoctorind, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

But an average Indian knows "FIAT" very well:mrgreen: & that's why it won't sell. The company which used to sell Palio, don't have spares & whose cars stall every km. They hardly knew anything else than Maruti, TATA & FIAT (Padmini). They never knew GM, Ford, Renault, Nissan & and VW. A small percentage with some awareness knows Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep as well. Better to start with a "new name" than a "damned one". Chrysler/Dodge will never fail because it's another reputed company of US without any bad record in Indian market.

FIAT is getting impatient now & they don't want to wait for too long. If they can wait for another 2-3 yrs, sure they will be back on track but yesterday's declaration clarify their intention. That would be a sane decision in a market where products are justified based on the badge.
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
  2. Anyone :anyone has update from Mumbai? Wasan, Fortune or Concorde will open FIAT only service centers or not??:car:anyone

3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Param, Why don't you call them ans ask. And let other members know.

When every other service center is ready to do the service, why this question came to your mind?
  4. Ravi, my question was if any of these existing dealers will take up fiat only dealership and service center or not. They will do the service right now, no doubt, till everything is sorted out.
    Customer service lady will not have an answer to my question if I called them. Wasan and Fortune has many branches in Mumbai and wanted to know if they plan to open up separate unit for FIAT or not? someone who has management level access to these dealers, might know the answer. If they don't then maybe I will consider taking up FIAT dealership here!! Won't be a bad idea.
  5. singh

singh Amatore

Pleased to see the FORUM member's interest in this thread , no car brand has such big impact like FIAT. Nothing bad going to happen , Fiat knows that if this time they ditch their existing customers than they can't even think of comeback in India atleast for100 yrs .
    Just got service appointment for punto on monday morning .
  6. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

I doubt whether Concord will participate as it is "a fully owned subsidiary of Tata Motors Ltd"

7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Curious to know how many times your FIAT stalled on the road.
    May be we can even start a poll on this! Options can be
    1. 10 times
    2. 20 times
    3. 50 times
    4. Don't remember as I lost count!
    5. Never
    2 people like this.
  8. Why this Kolaveri di ?
  9. Its clearly shows that this re align deal will be benefited to TATA only. because they are still getting production support, MJD Engines as earlier.

Why Fiat not started even one dealer / service center before re align current JV :confused:

It is fair amount of chance that Fiat will never appoint any dealer and after few months they will sell there remaining stake to TATA.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.