1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat and Tata to re-align their Indian joint-venture

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by cyberdoctorind, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sungoa2010

Does an average indian knows about Dodge? What you have suggested is a escapism for fiat. Unless it win were it fails it will never win again. Things are improving now.
    I don't agree that Fiat brand is that small. It has a brand value. mainly because of service and spares people are concerned. Last week one Figo parked next to my car and I was asking about the tyre pressure maintaining in his car. He asked me which is your car. I told Punto and he replied, "Punto is a lovely car". So the brand value is there but a small push is needed to overcome the threshold barrier.
    2 people like this.
  2. anand3636

anand3636 Amatore

Cochin (KL - 44)
    JV is intact

AFAIK the JV is still intact. Only sales and service is being taken over by Fiat. The Fiat factory at Ranjagaon is still under the JV(FIAPL) and will continue to make Fiats as well as the Vistas and Manzas also. So TATA and TASS cannot ignore those of us who have already bought Fiat cars that easily.
  3. ravindra

Yes we need not unnecessarily worry about the servicing part. I am in constant touch with Mr. Tensingh in TAFE Reach, even though I have never met him, he keeps me calling and updates me about the spare which they have ordered for my car. I have spoken to him over phone and he could guess what is the problem in my car (khat khat sound from the steering rod ?). He seems to be a nice guy and I really appreciate his prompt responses. With persons like Mr. Tensingh I think we need not worry till FIAT establishes its own network of Service centers.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

When we visited FIAT Ranjangaon plant on 03 December 2010, we found that only Manzas are manufactured there apart from Puntos and Lineas. Vistas are not made there.
  5. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

We have to just watch this move with fingers crossed. However IMO Fiat should not repeat the mistakes of 1997-98 and 2003-04. Suddenly they closed existing dealerships (e.g. Anuroop in Hyd, Jai Vijay-Fiat in Ahmednagar) for almost 6-8 months there was no authorized dealer till Tata JV in 2004. That to they refused to service Uno cars.

Now again scenario is same. Since Punto launch in 2008 and Linea in 2009 lot many customers (other than FIAT loyalist) have bought cars from Tata showroom. Suddenly if Tata showrooms refuse to service Fiat cars, this will be the 3rd round of Fiat "Flip-Flop" (remember 1st round of breakup with PAL in 1997-98) in market which will spread the bad word of Fiat service again.

So my sincere request to all big shots of Fiat-Tata JV that don't (now and never) stop selling and servicing of Fiat cars in existing joint showrooms. All the new showrooms/service station should be along with existing showrooms. Let existing Concorde/Tafe/XYZ may open exclusive Fiat sales and service or let it be any other healthy competitor in the same city. Whoever is comfortable with whom, they will go to either JV or Exclusive. In small cities only JVs will work. So people will get more options and overall FIAT logo will shine on many showroom which will give positive impact on customers.

Fiat should add something like this in bottom line of their Advtz............
    " Sales and service available at 123 Tata-Fiat showrooms and 123 Exclusive Fiat showrooms across the country"
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    4 people like this.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow, this time Fiat looks to be aggressive.
    Announcement just happened 2 days back and website has front page invitation to new dealership.
  8. yes Fiat seems to be very aggressive. interesting thing is the picture on this page displays "Tata Motors" prominently on the sign at the showroom entrance :) Anybody notice that?
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Maybe it's a photoshopped image and shows only Linea, Punto and 500. But I think this is fine becuase the JV is still intact and only marketing, sales, & service will be managed by FIAT.
    Who knows whether this will be one for the future, where TATA runs an exclusive showroom for FIAT cars only with no indigos and MANZA on display :)
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
  10. saipv

saipv Amatore

Just heard from adit(Director, KHT Motors, Bangalore) that KHT will open a seprate sales / service outlet for Fiat soon.

Apart from that, he also mentioned this in another thread.

So, I think by this year end or next year, we could see a few FIAT only sales/service. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.