1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat and Tata to re-align their Indian joint-venture

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by cyberdoctorind, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Who cares man!! this JV was destined to suck!
    Give me a Giulietta at 15 lacs without any service back up/hospitality/servicing assistance, i would still be the first one to reach there. Nothing else will do. It was never for servicing & JV. That was just an advantage that Exceptional vehicles are sold under JV's & can be serviced too! I am prepared to do it on my own:cool.

Passion never meant "benefits" here.
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    what are you trying to say?
    go with JV or Not ?
    i said its good we will be having one hub of FIAT sales and services :)
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Just called TAFE Reach, Chennai to post pone my existing 45K service booking by another 2 weeks due to some commitments and they happily changed it for me. Specifically mentioned it as Fiat Punto and they had no concerns. So I request our fellow members to stop worrying too much and take their cars for a spin. Nothing is changing over a fortnight regarding servicing.
    2 people like this.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I also called up ABS Motors just now. They are also relaxed as of now. They said they haven't received any official confirmation of "not accepting FIAT cars for servicing". So no issues as of now.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    one of my ex-fiat friend told me it will take near about 6 moths of time to work and come into full existance under FIAT and this study of seperate FIAT sales and service was being done since one year by the person(italian) who was working closely under TATA-FIAT JV.

This was conveyed to me as good news from my friend :)
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  6. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    My brother just got the service booking for tomorrow @Concorde Kochi.. All is well for the time being :). I am getting my linea ready for her trip to Bglore. This may be OOT but can't resist asking!! Is there particular checklist i should keep while the Linea goes for her 2nd service?
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    The existing dealer's are going to be encouraged to start Fiat dealerships hence it is only those dealer's that are not interested in a Fiat dealership who will create difficulties in servicing Fiat car's. The ones that have adequate spares will not start creating problems in accepting Fiat's for service until the spares are exhausted and the ones that are short of spares will start playing difficult immediately. I guess off the 178 existing dealer's the ones in small towns where Fiat sales are anyway low will decide not to support Fiat so ultimately Fiat runs the risk of becoming a metro based car seller.

Even in bigger towns Fiat will have to show it's future model range and show to the dealer's their aggressiveness and commitment in launching these new cars. It was easy to have only 2 car's but now they will have to expand their model range. The only upcoming car is the small car which will have low margin's, dealer's will have to sell in volumes to recover investment's and being a Fiat the new small car will have it's work cut out in getting those volumes. More expensive car's that have better margin's will not sell because Fiat does not have the brand pull to sell such cars!

Enrico Antanasio, you have your work cut out for the next few year's. I suspect even you don't know what you are getting into. However, if you pull this off you will be a widely acknowledged as a genius.
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
    3 people like this.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

No study is required.
    I think this enlightened Italian (Enrico Antanasio whatever) is doing nothing but Massaging FIAT's butt & preparing them for next round of whipping session from Indian customer:mrgreen:

It's high time that FIAT leaves India now. Chrysler/Dodge/Alfa Romeo should be given the new role & FIAT should be erased from Indian market. FIAT should work preparing a good distribution/after sales network for their big shots. Doesn't matter, pls badge new Punto as Chrysler/Dodge product, replace Linea with Dart/Viaggio, add Wrangler/Liberty to compete in SUVs & manufacture all of them locally.

Only people with deep insight would know that though four letter word is missing from Indian market, FIAT has never been more here. You will see Chrysler/Dodge/AR to aim skies, no way they will miss. May be FIAT name could return after 10 yrs or so. You are getting it wrong again FIAT.
  9. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Good thing is , its certain that Fiat Is serious for India and will not close its operations here . Now days i see many Fiat's on Road , in times of Palio , Palio was/is hardly seen on road . But now there are good number of fiat owners . It will take 6-12 months and things will be fine .
    DON'T PANIC AND SPREAD BAD THINGS THAT FIAT IS CLOSING OR JOINT VENTURE IS BROKEN , ITS FOR GOOD ONLY .
    2 people like this.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Will this change have an immediate effect -- for example, will some of the existing Fiat dealers become non-authorised just because they are not going to open a separate FIAT dealership? What happens to cars sold by such unauthorised FIAT dealers?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.