1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat and Tata to re-align their Indian joint-venture

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by cyberdoctorind, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    first of all, i have never been one among them who has been crying for a tata-fiat deal break up. While i completely agree that tata sales are sort of a predatory nature when it comes to FIAT and showcasing both vehicles under one roof in a show is not exactly a good idea for notching up sales.

But Fiat moving out of this deal has set in serious jitters in me regarding the service that i am going to receive. Whatever you may crib about TASS, it is a fact that tata has a well penetrated service network and decent technicians. Due to this move from Fiat, i am sure owners of fiat cars in small towns are going to find it severely difficult to get their cars serviced.

Prerana motors in Bangalore had already started rejecting Fiat vehicles for service prior to this announcement. Last week, i called them up to repair my headlamp cluster and they told me they cannot accommodate Fiat vehicles on any day and told me that i can only book for Friday. I cant imagine what is going to happen now.
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    So when do TASS stop servicing Fiats and I am guessing there will be a black hole between the last date with TASS and the first date with Fiat authorized service center.
  3. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Well, this is serious. Check out if there is any independent service center that has been approved by Fiat, like Tuli motors in Delhi. Tuli motors operate IO petrol pump, and a service center that was only for TATA vehicles, later on Fiat also added them into their list. They are not into sales.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    They have not rejected, right, asked you to book at some other day.
    I know its bad, but existing servicing process will continue till the transitions complete.

Where did you read that they are going to stop servicing?
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Unless if there is a official news we should avoid posting news like Fiat cars are rejected at TASS etc etc. Many people will be viewing the forum to know about fiat cars and it is not fair if they move away from fiat just because of anxiety created out of news.
  6. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    This is exactly what i had feared.. It is really important that FIAT communicates with customers on these and i feel it is such responses from service centers which brings the bad name to the FIAT Brand. I am just hoping that someone from FIAT is listening to all this hue & cry by alarmed customers..

I am just hoping that i will get my Linea serviced next week from Concorde Kochi before i bring it to bangalore.. :confused
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please do call Concorde Kochi now and make sure they service your car, otherwise you need to plan for some other alternatives.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Was it because the slots for other days were already booked or is it that they service FIAT vehicles only on Friday?
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

"Fiat will form a separate company that will assume responsibility for all commercial and service-related activities from the current Tata-dedicated team assigned to manage the Fiat brand". Enrico Antanasio will head the new company, said Fiat’s spokesperson. Experts said it will take the Italian car maker at least two years to establish its own network.

Tata Motors, Fiat end car sales joint venture - Corporate News - livemint.com

But don't worry, it will be done smoothly::pP
    1 person likes this.
  10. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    They told that they are not accepting FIAT vehicles because they do not have enough man-power to attend to FIAT vehicles. They did not tell me anything about the slots being filled for those days. They simply told they dont have the required personnel who can attend to FIAT vehicles. And that is what is bothering me.

Earlier, i have come across situations where they say that the bookings for a particular day is done with. This time around that was not the case.

I am not trying to scare any potential FIAT owners by writing down this. In fact, contrary to many who voice their opinion, i have told that i have had decent experience with Tata ASS.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.