1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat and Tata to re-align their Indian joint-venture

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by cyberdoctorind, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    my linea is going in for 15k service.. will this news effect any quality

I just read this news today and it is spreading like wild fire on many forums.. on reading many of the views expressed I am little bit worried on :eek:.. will this effect the current service quality.. my linea is up for the 15k service this week.. I never had any issues with service quality from concorde...I am just keeping my fingers crossed..

What will be the road ahead.. I hope Fiat India will communicate with Fiat owners on their plans.. This will surely be a big reassuarance to all fiat customers..
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The phrase 'Damn if you do, damn if you don't' applies to FIAT India. In spite of dwindling sales, FIAT India is trying their best to improve their brand image. If FIAT India remains quiet, people used to bash it saying that it should have independent sales and service network and blah..blah. Now that FIAT India and Tata Motors have jointly announced new distribution and service model, again the same people have started lashing out FIAT India. I hope that the new model would be good both for FIAT India and the existing FIAT car owners in long term.
    9 people like this.
  3. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    If VW, Nissan, Renault can do with their limited dealers and service centers , why can't FIAT ?

This should have happened long time back, Glad FIAT India has woken up. Products were never a problem for Fiat, it was the image perception that they got when they aligned with TATA.

ROME wasn't built in a day, certainly FIAT will find it harder now, BUT good news is they have the steering in Hand to steer rather than TATA. and it will be good for future car launches for Fiat, i hope to have more of Fiat's vehicle in my list for next purchase decision.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So true.

I think there will be little confusion for sometime. For now, I have modified the thread heading as per official press release from Fiat India.

Press Release.jpg

Couple of interesting comments from Livemint - Tata Motors, Fiat end car sales joint venture - Corporate News - livemint.com

3 people like this.
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I donot understand what's going on. Earlier people were under an impression that the JV and combined sales and service of Tata and Fiat is the major cause of Fiat's diminishing sales figure. A lot of people expressed their wish that it would be the best thing for Fiat to have an individual sales and service. But now people are not happy and think Fiat is doomed because of this move.
    Fiat has done what we Fiatians wished for. And now we are complaining .... ridiculous.

How would Tata dealers deny servicing Fiat vehicles when they are being encouraged to set up individual showrooms?
    For example in Hyderabad a new Fiat Showroom is being opened probably this month or in the beginning of June. It is being opened by Tejaswi Motors who were the TATA & FIAT dealers. Now only the sales part is being seperated and the service center will be the same for time being at least. Why would they deny servicing Fiat vehicles when they own a Fiat showroom is what I am unable to understand.
    May be the other dealers will comeup with individual show rooms aswell and the service part will be done for both Tata and Fiat under one roof. It is also being claimed that individual show rooms are coming up in Pune and Bangalore too. This is the information from our TFIans. May be there are individual showrooms proposed or even better, have started setting up in other major parts of India aswell.
    Fiat is a very big company and not that stupid to just offer individual showrooms and not even a single service center.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    N Kiran, even servicing will be taken over by Fiat. Read the press release.

So its not only sales, but service as well. And the transition will take time, it is not happening like from tomorrow, Tata will not take our cars for servicing. They make money out of servicing, more than selling.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai

Please refer to Dictionary.com
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    so here comes our homework.now lets drive our cars carefully for next two years without any damage untill we have our own FIAT service centre.. :D
    Lets wait for two years :) although till now we were like adopted.
    Something is better than nothing...
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If there is separate service and sales under full fiat control then it doesn't matter whether they use Tata dealers or not.
    What Fiat should concentrate immediately after such transition is to improve the parts availability. They should also reconsider the labour charge non uniformity across india.
    In goa Fiat sales is not bad compared to others when considering the fact that there is only one dealer is not there. But VW also has one dealer but they sell only VW cars. For Fiat the same dealer/service station should take care of both brands. With respect to total numbers Fiat may be less but compared to above mentioned facts it is not that bad. So I hope at least the increased number of dealership will attract more customers. But it is up to the fiat to protect it's technology. After all it is a competition. Whoever play well will win.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Vey true. The hands that control, decide, and implement matter.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.