1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat and Tata to re-align their Indian joint-venture

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by cyberdoctorind, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I too am not very happy with this news. This definitely leaves all the existing Fiat owners in a lurch. There are questions about service, spares, warranty issues which have not been addressed. What is one has a break down? Pending Service to be done, Warranty replacement? I for one had bought a Fiat because they had a JV with Tata and I knew there was some stability. Now I am thinking if I have made a right move. This short sighted approach from Fiat has caused a lot of heartburn first when I had the Palio and now with my Linea. I hope I don't end up with an egg on my face for buying a Fiat inspite of opposition from my wife (who thinks rationally as opposed to me). Maybe I was better off with a VW
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That 50:50 JV for plant operations is a big - big hurdle otherwise this JV has brought less for FIAT but hell lots of, for TATA.
    But mind it, though frequency is less, FIAT cars are visible on roads very usual & people are not getting shocked when they see a FIAT on road. It was a joke otherwise.
    That's what FIAT has gained from this JV. It's a shock for me at this time, i would call it a bad move if they didn't have good plans to back it up:(.
    Get ready FIAT owner's, you may have a problem now which you were cribbing about in illusion earlier, "THE AFTER SALES & SERVICE ISSUE":mrgreen:

It was done pretty ok till date & now you will feel the real heat of "what bad after sales/servicing is:cool".
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First, if you read the news, the decision is jointly taken by Tata and Fiat. They both must have convinced this is better way to go forward.

If you see positive aspect, Fiat is going to infuse more money, so they still have long term plan fro India. They are not going back, even with pathetic sales, month after month.

Its unfortunate, thay Fiat as a Brand has not kicked-off, but Fiat is trying do do something everytime. See this year effort itself, Fiat has opened caffes, first time in India. It will work or not, very difficult to say at this point, since no body has experiences in India.

Similarly, there are challanges to have separate showroom or service station with so low sales. I beleive, Accenture (which was consulated last year) must have given some inputs how to go forward.

At last, this is now a reality (not an speculation), so let us put forward some good and constructive suggestions, what they should do in new process and bring smiles to all new and old customers.
    5 people like this.
  4. bna

bna Novizio

Bangalore
    This seems to be good move but hoping that Fiat has couple of products in pipeline for launching in Indian market.
    But as a owner of a fiat car i am a bit worried about the service. From now on TASS may not really care about the fiat cars.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I think all you guys are too much worried on the service. There isn't a complete note with timelines and the strategy they are going to execute this move. All you guys are making speculations that existing TATA dealer will stop servicing your cars and I don't read anything like that in the press release. Fiat is going to start 3S on it's own because it wasn't getting the deserved attention from TATA. When Nissan, VW with very less dealerships are able to outsell Fiat, I think Fiat can do this. They have learned numerous lessons from the past and sincerely hope they don't repeat the mistakes. Also I don't want to see the MJD-2 or Multi-Air in any other car apart from Fiat - Call me selfish but someone is milking on Fiat's technology forte and the company who sells the original is struggling. It's time for Fiat to give back and I think they are in right track, first move the 3S and later the whole manufacturing including the technology sharing.

If TATA had concern over Fiat supplying engines to Maruti they should have stopped the deal from going forward. Remember TATA is also loosing money on the JV because the plant is not utilized to fullest and they wouldn't want to kill the golden goose.
    1 person likes this.
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Im partially happy with the news cuz i get new showrooms and i would not be sharing my service station with the famous desi brand anymore.FIAT has promised they would set up independent dealerships in sometime, But how much time??
    What about independent service stations?? Again how much time?? Would Fiat still manufacture the manza in their Ranjangaon plant?? Will it still provide engines to TATA?? :confused: A big question mark for now ??
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, JV for manufacturing still intact.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

No doubt they are investing big time in China. China & India are the only 2 territories where FIAT doesn't have any presence in any guise what so ever (nor Chrysler or FIAT). Only high end Maserati's & Ferrari's. Since there have been talks about Jeep/Dodge/Alfa Romeo entering into Indian market, could India may also show up along with China for next big investment hub?
    Only speculation that is likely, yet to see a clear & transparent official confirmation if it is the case. Even if they are investing big here, thing won't change in a day & terminate everything existing today itself:confused.

The issue is way more serious than people are thinking, IF TATA DEALERS HAS STOPPED SELLING FIAT CAR'S WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT, WHAT ELSE ARE YOU HOPING FOR? I would hope least from here.

They were going to separate but not like this, it's clearly a top management feud between TATA-FIAT that has taken place. Earlier plans were to slowly separate under long term plan till 2014 if you care to note.
    Who else it's Sergio & RATAN TATA!
  9. If the JV have time limit, they should at-least catch the new job before quitting from old.

Very soon Fiat will understand TATA importance.

Best of Luck Fiat and Respected Fiat Owners.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Dear Enki - Please enlighten us as to where this is written/printed?

Thanks for your wishes and I sincerely wish good luck to TATA. I've already understood their deep importance.
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.