1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat and Tata to re-align their Indian joint-venture

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by cyberdoctorind, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Indeed a welcome move. Now we don't have TATA to blame for any service goof HP's. Anything is answerable by Fiat, however Fiat will receive brickbats for this as well since they are the most loved and most hated.

Downshift - Press - Fly
  2. What abt the Punto and Linea owners??? where we can get better service? Wait and c ..and Hope for the best
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    It's now official guys (I guess).
    It was formally announced and this news is on TOI
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I think many have misunderstood this move. There is no end to JV between Fiat and Tata. JV is very much intact. Only the sales, service and spares will be under the control of Fiat from now on instead of Tata which handled till now.
  5. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Though I appreciate this move, I am really concerned about the way TASS is going to service FIAT cars till the new showrooms open up. Now their attitude will be like "We'll be able to do only this much. Do whatever you want to " . FIAT should have given time for the dealers to open up an Independent showroom & then they could have end the dealership . Now the FIAT sale will again go down for at least a minimum of 6 months which is the bare minimum time to open a new showroom. Only time can say. Hope FIAT will come up with some good plan. :roll:
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  7. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I frankly donot know how to react to this. People like me who reside in smaller towns and cities are going to face the heat. Here in Jorhat, there is just one Tata-Fiat dealer cum service center. Now, after this move, it is highly unlikely that a Fiat-only dealer/service center will come up here and I hate to imagine a situation where I have to drive hundreds of kms only to get a minor niggle sorted out.:confused:
  8. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    In jamnagar, Tata dealer stopped sale before 2 months and they also stopped services fiat car before 1 months, now only one dealer in Saurashtra Region in Rajkot.

BR.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ramjn, It was a clause of the JV that offtake, distribution, sales & service will be handled by TATA.
    I don't know where would be 3rd service done for my car:confused:

Further to add, FIAT didn't have any options actually. RATAN TATA's tenure ending in 2012 & they want to completely separate their operations before that. There is enough of the good will between Sergio Tata which will be a big question after next chairman. They won't be able to launch new products like Multiair & MJD-2 without sharing it with TATA. Also TATA's may raise a concern over FIAT Maurti engine supply deal which is sidelined by Mr. Ratan for now.
    Pls note if TATA objects to this deal, FIAT has to terminate the contract with Maruti:p.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am expecting the other option. Fiat will eventually terminate contract with Tata :D.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.