1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat and others -which car issue !!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by jayadev, May 2, 2011.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    usually when a person ask me which one should he opt for; honda city or fiat ,polo or fiat, i usually recommend him NO for fiat.
    as i am very sure that these kind of people do not deserve fiat. and these kind of people are mostly responsible for bad reputations for fiat. they will read some bits and bytes from anywhere and start complaining.
    any time if somebody is comparing fiat cars to any other cars, in their heart they do not want to buy fiat but they want to convince themselves and want to impress others that they played safe not opting for fiat.

if somebody is asking me which one should be good for him sx4,linea or desire. i take it as personal insult. because he is one among resale value p*nks.

99 percent people would consider car as piece of metal and rubber but what i feel about them is those kinds are just piece of flesh and bones.

honestly, i realised how lively a vehicle could be when i first ride fiat punto.and i thank FIAT for delivering it to common man like me.

it is truly a realization in modern world . riding on some of the the best selling cars i realized there are people who are reliable and who are not ,some are intelligent and a lot of idiots. something similar holds true for cars too.(people get sick too )

when i first saw interiors of punto i fell in love with it. though i did not feel so good about exterior looks as it had a sorry/sad face (thats bit psycho part of me) but later after a detailed thought process i realized certain subtle appeal which acted like mystic spell,no wonder it is designed by a legend .

what i am pointing to is cars from fiat( i know punto and linea) is not for people whom live to eat but for people whom eat to live. or in other not for people whom live to love but for people whom love to live .
    anybody::pP
  2. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    +1.
    FIAT's are for passionate people and not just anybody. Let the Japanese n Koreans take care of them. :D
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Moved to Hangout Section.
  4. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    How are you promoting the brand you love? if you love FIAT you got to turn nay-sayers to believers. You should push them for test rides... that may change their perception about cars we love. By suggesting them otherwise you are robbing them with an opportunity to experience FIAT cars... aren't you?

Resale value punk?? Man what people do to their cars and why they buy them is not our concern.... tell me why shouldnt a good car have a good resale. You gotta understand a person's mindset to know his / her choices... just to call them punks coz they think differently is not fair

Do promote FIAT.. push people to take a TD before they say NO to FIAT... Thats the best you can do.....
    till FIAT improves its image and opts for better marketing its on us (the FIAT fanboys) to promote the brand we love and to spread the good word around....

Thats however what I think... Just a different viewpoint....
  5. sid
    we try pushing our brand. they dont want help from us. they have their own sources like xxxx-xxx,etc,and read all the complaints there. and feel as if allthe complaints are present even in their car.
    and they start frowning or complaining that we made them a bakra after they took our advice.
    It happened to me once.
    since then i never adviced anyone to go for fiat..

We cant help it unless people start using their brains.
    all the people.
    including guys at fiat
  6. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    All i say is ... suggest a test drive and leave it to them.... after all its their decision....
    most of the guys already make up their minds before TDs..... they just need something to support their perceptions :)
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    resale value of maruti cars is way better than other cars for a reason. they are the most reliable ones when it comes to ownership.

When someone comes and asks me which car to buy i go to all extents to explain them what Fiat is. i make sure i enlighten them that fiats are the makers of ferraris. the same engine poweres maruti cars etc etc. then i tell them the extraordinary features which they havent heard of. then i tell them my mileage. and then i tell them one sentence
    " If a fiat crashes with a honda, honda will be left no where in mangles". i ask them just to open the doors of my linea and close them. sometimes i ask them to open the bonnet with one hand. and then ask the same to do with maruti or honda when they go to the showroom. :)

this is enough for marketting fiat.
  8. but then my story is differnent.
    i advised them.
    they bought a punto. they read about the clutch slave cylinder and its symptoms.(thanks to XXXX-XXX)
    they started feeling the same symptoms in their own car even.that is feb 2011 make.
    god must know what to do to such people.
    they dont want to get in here because this forum might convince them karthe.
    I stopped lifting their calls even
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  9. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Exactly my point.... me showed my JET to a friend and told him about the ride quality and the styling... gave him a ride and he was impressed....
    Last week he went ahead and booked SX4... :) You can never beat the talk about spares and resale :)

However another friend of mine was hell bent on a I20.... i suggested him to go for a Punto TD... he will be booking a 90HP soon... :)

So all you can do is suggest and talk about merits ....
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I follow same procedure .:D