1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Aegea launched today...Thursay 21st May, 2015

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by asimpleson, May 21, 2015.

1. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I am eagerly waiting for this car to launch. This might be my next fiat if launched within 1 year.
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I was also in dilemma between Linea & Terrano, since I already own Avventura with similar looking interiors and engine,I would prefer to wait for Agea to come, &@FCA, bother to come with AMT & 1.5/1,6 L.
    And give the existing Linea custemers a feel of upgrade.
    prabhjot, dadasaheb and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Tornado

The AutoExpo will see, hopefully, concept cars and announced timelines for a 'New Avventura' (hopefully not only a Cross version of the all-new 2017 Punto, but a a duster-sized b-suv) and at least one new small Jeep below the to-be locally-made C-Suv? The Renegade? OR, one even smaller, a twin of the 'new Avventura' as some FCA sources have been quoted as confessing to be under-consideration for Emerging Markets?

For launch in end-2016, at best.

The Aegea (off the SUSW platform) won't be coming here, going by their 'plan.' Instead the all-new Grand Sienna (off a much-lightened Palio platform) will, in 2017.

Unless, the 2 cars are the same, but on different platforms and with different suspension etc architectures?! If that's possible. Just like the Turkish Linea (SCSS platform etc) versus the Linea in India (Palio platform and gearbox).
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    sorry, but sad, only planning and no any implementation.
    there is no any advertising budget to project the avvy and India is not at all priority of FCA so do not expect any new things at least in next 5 years.
    may be we will get another Linea and Punto and Avvy with 20 mm more Ground clearance in next 5 years.
    Excelerate likes this.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @dadasaheb, I agree with you, fiat is looking at India as a export hub to New Zealand and Australia. In India, they get human resource & labour at cheap rates and fleet convenience also. And despite producing world class, safe & sturdy products like GP, Linea, people bought products like swift & Manza, vista in more numbers, why should fiat take Indian market seriously?
    kedarbendre and prabhjot like this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @dadasaheb

I'll bet you a Patiala Peg or three that new stuff from them will stream in, as it just did with the Avventura (that it is not a sales hit is a different matter) continuously from this month (Abarth 500) to this Diwali (t-jet Evo/Avventura) to this new year's (Jeep brand and dealer launch with Grand Cherokee and Wrangler) to an active, strong showing by both Fiat and Jeep at the AutopExpo in feb 2016....all through to end-2016 and 2017 when: at least one locally manufactured (not just assembled) Jeep and 2 all-new Fiats WILL launch, one of which might well be a version of the Aegea, who knows?

You think I've been drinking too many pegs, to believe they'll just.......do what they said they will a year and more ago, more or less?:p

The plan is being implemented so far more or less as laidout and promised back then, except for the Jeep launch delay caused by the severe currency crisis the Indian rupee (and severe growth slowdown the economy) went through in early 2014.

Now, we know chances of roaring sales success are slim-to-nil, but that is a different story and discussion. ;)
  7. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @dadasheb, wellsaid, i can't stop laughing..
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot, they are too slow doing that.

There are empty places in their stable since long. No CS, No budget SUV, No SUV, No PUV, No competition for Duster, Terrano. They need to be fast.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Tornado, FIAT is not interested. there take, i make so much money selling engines why bother investing on a new vehicle, which might require me to invest on the assembly. Long term strategy, i will pack my bags once Maruti's diesel power train is ready..
    bharath and dadasaheb like this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Excelerate

They ARE investing in india as we speak: for the fully-localized t-jet engine (also for exports esp to China?), for the coming in end 2016+2017 1.5 and 2litre mjd-s for use on tata-s and Jeeps and Fiat-s here and for engine-exports, and on Jeep: both the brand launch and for local assembly of the Grand Cherokee next year, as also the full local manufacture of the jeep c-suv. Also for amt production, mainly for Maruti and Tata.

btw, the locally made Jeep c-suv costing upwards of 18-20 lakh rupees will be a very bold first for any company: hitherto not one car beyond the 10-12 lakhs price point has been anything other than, at best, ckd-assembled here with minimal localization. Of course: mainly for exports.

They're very right to go slow with investments on all-new Fiats (which if at all will only come in 2017): the brand has dull-dim prospects here NO MATTER what they do, and no matter how excellently.

Meanwhile their revenues via Tata and Maruti keep rising.....
    cassini, Excelerate and Saket Sidana like this.