1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Aegea launched today...Thursay 21st May, 2015

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by asimpleson, May 21, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @asimpleson

Time really flies, these days. 2017 is practically right around the corner, no?:p

Am hoping for some 'clarities' at the AutoExpo in feb.

What is glad to notice is that they seem to be sticking closely enough to the announced schedule of product developments+launches for all markets (last year's global 5-year plan), from the US to Turkey to China to Brazil......to India?!

But the global economy, and with it even India's, is teetering again, so all big bets are still off....
  2. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I was just about to say this. The global economy is in bad shape and India will get screwed as we are too dependent on the West and the monsoons for growth. One recession and a bad monsoon will send everything spiraling down. The rich are insulated. The remaining classes are in trouble. The car market will buck the same trend and only the cheapest cars will sell as a necessity.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    A very nice set of non-official pics of the Fiat Aegea, focussed esp on exterior proportions and detailing/sculpting:

http://www.largus.fr/actualite-auto...6260384-7695999-photos.html#photos-main-title

Seems very desirable, but merely an Italian (interesting, singular, warm) interpretation of German/American design 'muscular coldness', for me, though the new Mercs are trying hard to be Italian, for eg. Too 'male', not androgynous enough in its overall aesthetic composition, for me (the exterior).

I guess that just follows from the market preferences this car is meant to cater to, compete for.
    Excelerate and avi_loveindia like this.
  4. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    the design is a big thumbs up. but will it make its foray in India? I don't think so but fiat needs a new product in luxury sedan segment..
  5. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Many commented that the front of AEGEA looks like i20 elite, the first time I saw i20 elite, I felt its front is a copy of Punto EVO!
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The i20 'elite' is a pirated-model in its styling....but pirated copies sell better than 'originals, so...!

Body shape/profile: LRover Evoque. Front: Maserati Ghibli. Tail-lamps: Alfa Giulietta. Tail lamp detailing: Audi Q5.

Its proportions of parts-to-the-whole are noticeably off, far worse than the balance they've executed on the i10 Grand and the Santa Fe, IMO. The Verna and the Elantra suffer hugely from the same stylistic im-balance and disroportions.

The Fiat Aegea seems like a shapely, stylish, less 'cold' take-off from, rather than a copy of: the BMW 3-series, the Skoda Octavia, the new VW Passat and the Ford Fusion/Mondeo, i.e., the bestsellers in Europe among compact and midsize sedans. Which is great, and seems to work well, judging from responses on Italian, French, German and American automag websites and fora.

BUT: the interior seems a bit too FCA parts- and styling-bin, but then it's meant as a bit of VFM sedan for Europe and potentially as a Chrysler 100, for the US/Canada/Mexico.
    cassini and Vidhyashankar Kannan like this.
  7. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    The tail lamp is even better than the Volvo XC 90
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat Aegea

AEgea-Hatch-render.jpg
    cassini, varunrtr, asimpleson and 6 others like this.
  9. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Real big tyres.
    235/40/R18