1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Aegea launched today...Thursay 21st May, 2015

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by asimpleson, May 21, 2015.

1. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Smashing looks ! those dark interiors and the design is gorgeous!
    no comments on when it is coming to our peninsula.
    GirishRaghu likes this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Most folks on the internet fora/commentators on automag websites seem to've given the design a big thumbs-up, esp in the USofA and even Italy and France, from whatever one's been able to gather.

The speculation is that this car will be the next Dodge Dart/Fiat Viaggio, which seems fine and acceptable to most commentators, even to FCA brand fans/insiders. Or perhaps the next Viaggio for China while it is turned out (with even better interiors) as a Chrysler 100 sedan in north america? There sure is a lot of American influence in the design, it seems, @asimpleson !

What's funny is the Chrysler 200 looks more svelte Italianate than the slightly americana, 'butch' Fiat Aegea. Though it's selling extremely well, maybe the Aegea (lovely name, btw) will too.

I bet China will soon-enough get both, and we'll get....neither. That's ok, FCA, just get the new small Jeep and Fiat Suv-s here on time (early 2017....)!
    cassini and asimpleson like this.
  3. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    one thing is clear it looks smashing/dashing than the current Linea and will be the one the best looking sedans if sold in India, the looks are on par with Audi A3.

Thanks
  4. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Audis' no longer look any special. This definitely is special.
    Can't the FCA management be more radical and showcase this car in the next year's auto expo and launch by the mid of 2016 with 1.5 MJD and 1.4 TJet with 6 Speed GB and optional auto along with all the bells and whistles of the current competition and some segment 1st features?

Would replace my Punto with it at a whim! However, i see more versatility with cars like Renegade and 500X as far as boot usability is concerned.

Did any one notice that side indicators are not on the side mirrors! That makes me a little sad.
    varunrtr and prabhjot like this.
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

Alas, if only the brand equity of FCA was at par with Audi!
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
  6. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    I think even half of it would do!
  7. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    The car looks lovely. The new Linea looks more like the Ford Shelby Mustang from the front. Most angry, rugged and flared. But bringing this to India is a whole different matter. No matter, the thing is to do it soon. Like the Ecosport. Start moving international models here sooner rather than after the segment has saturated. But it is a beautiful car all the same.

The sad thing is that they are moving away from the Italian flair designs to more American/German designs. Would be nice to keep that core value intact. But if the business needs to succeed, then perhaps this is the way.

I'm sure the engineers at Hyundai are already studying this new design to plagarize it in every way and bring out the new i40 by August 2015. So when the Linea comes in 2017, it will look like Hyundai's ripoff.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Meanwhile we will get something on the lines of Qubo, Ducato, maybe on Panda Platform only time will tell. That is if khabrilal was smart enough to decipher exactly what was cooking just by looking at it. ;)
    GirishRaghu and prabhjot like this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @asimpleson

what do you know by way of early intel: FOR SURE, that can be panda-ed about avventur-ously? something, something....anything?:playful:;)
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    In the fullness of time @prabhot. :p
    Maybe another MPV along the lines of Lodgy. Wild speculation yet at best. Pune guys someone ought to know better. Why what do you think based on this rough smudged description? :)
    prabhjot likes this.