1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Aegea launched today...Thursay 21st May, 2015

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by asimpleson, May 21, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @asimpleson @Saket Sidana

They've ditched the Italian 'elegant', 'effortless chic, youthful masculine' for a more new VW Passat/Skoda Octavia/Ford Fusion look overall: i.e., more 'strong', 'mature', slightly 'angry' masculine. More 'khadoos' ?!

I don't see any Korean design influence at all, which can only mean excess and parts-and-wholes out of proportion and balance (kitsch), in any case the i20, santa fe etc are styled in germany, with lots of copying of FCA cars too on the i20 esp!

It's definitely got the hallmarks of a European-standard-of-engineering-and-design Maruti Ciaz about it: meant obviously to be outstanding VFM across a number of different markets with differing tastes, and so it has a certain 'neutrality' to it, that is perhaps less exciting than the original Fiat Linea no doubt.

Wonderful detailing, a Fiat trait on all their recent cars esp the 500 line-up: the tail lamps especially, and the whole grill+headlamp integration.

Interiors seem to have a huge degree of part sharing with its platform mates, the 500X (steering wheel, hvac controls) and the Renegade (instrument cluster and MID), and similar materials too. A great thing in terms of quality of materials, equipment and design, from reviews one reads and sees.

This will be an AT LEAST 14 lakh rupee car if it is brought here with high localization. i.e., not going to happen. Especially since the d-segment sedan market in India (pretty much the EuroAmerican entry level for sedans) is stagnant/moribund. They will be likely IMO to be deploying a small Jeep and/or the 500X at those price points, rightly so. Perhaps in 2018?

The exciting possibility opened up, though, by the C-suv Jeep localization for exports mainly planned for early 2017 will enable all its SUSW platform mates to be cost effectively and with potential exports too made here, say in late 2017 or 2018?: the 500X, the Renegade, and/or this big sedan, or even the 500L or indeed the upcoming big cinquecento/500 five-door.

I will be waiting patiently till then, though other current Punto and Linea owners may not! No, @acechip ?
    --- Double Post Merged, May 22, 2015 ---
    The front 'snout', with the bonnett angling down and as-if onto the bumper, a signature Italian design trait that a number of other car firms like Infiniti, Hyundai-Kia and the upcoming new Audis and the new VW Passat, and Ford too across all their models etc also now emply, is very much there.

But to my eye it's been interpreted in a non-italian way (a lot like the new next-gen VAG car models): to accentuate sheer WIDTH, which is also why the headlamps are low and at grill-level, and integrated with it. The Maserati/Ferrari/Punto snout has historically been much sharper and narrower.

The rear bumper has a very technical look, with creasing etc that are parallel and resonant with each other. I think the rear looks truly fab, esp with that 'floating' tail-lamp stoplight.

The design 'idea' seems to have been BIGNESS, long and wide, SOLIDITY.

i.e., the car's surely not at all meant for Western Europe, perhaps not even Italy itself. More for the US (as a Chrysler 100 it is rumoured) and Spain, Turkey, Serbia, Morocco, etc.

I bet the hatchback version will look nothing like this.
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
  2. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Sure looks stunning. The metallic silver on this car feels like real silver colour with all glam and shine :)
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

I think, both dimensionally and performance wise, even if it comes here, unless they bring in the MJD1.6, it isnt much of an ugrade to a Linea. Although it appears to seat 3 people a bit more comfortably in the rear than in Linea (as per one of the illustrations).

And like you said, if it comes in the 13 lac plus bracket, it is a D-segment entry, which is anyway a near-dead market as far as India is concerned. The Fluence, for example, is the Linea of the D-segment IMO. And it has absolutely floundered.

So no, I dont see it coming to India ,nor do I see any chances of a 10-14 lac SUV soon So, @prabhjot , I took the leap (from 170mm to 205mm plus):rolleyes:
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Nice looking car for sure. One more head turner from Fiat. Seriously wish it makes to the Indian shores earlier than anticipated. Thanks @asimpleson & @moksh for those wonderful pics.

But why is Fiat moving away from its Masareti look with every new launch. The Aegea (Pronouncing is also difficult) does have a meaner looking front, stylishly curved rear. Even if it comes to India, it will be a size zero version of this.

Does Aegea's hindi version mean Aa ye ga!!!!!!!
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    What happened to the Italio : cute, bubbly, sexy designs? :O
    Saket Sidana likes this.
  6. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    This should come to India - people will love it here.
  7. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    did you got your new car? Avventurra or Duster ?
    as these are only with 205 mm right ?
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

@dadasaheb, m' afraid the Avventura is a bit small on the inside for my requirements, so it is the Duster.
  9. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @acechip Congratulations !!! please share you experience in non fiat cars thread.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

Thanks!- will update in Non-Fiat section when I get a chance.