1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Aegea launched today...Thursay 21st May, 2015

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by asimpleson, May 21, 2015.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
  2. moksh

moksh Regolare

Linea 1.3
    The Aegea is a new four-door model, which Fiat says was originally designed as a saloon, rather than being the spin off of a hatchback version. However, Head of Fiat functional range Europe, Antonella Bruno confirmed that there will be two more models following on from the Aegea - a compact hatchback and an estate.

These are expected to be revealed later this year before going on sale in 2016.

The car will not be called the Aegea when it goes on sale, with the final name set to be revealed closer to the launch date.

The Aegea measures 4.5m in length, and is 178cm wide and 148cm high - and is designed to be able to carry five passengers. It has an overall boot capacity of 510 litres.

It comes with equipment such as Fiat’s Uconnect system, with a five-inch colour touch screen, Bluetooth, USB and Aux inputs and steering wheel controls all as standard. It is also available with an optional TomTom satellite navigation system and a rear parking camera.

Fiat has chosen to launch the Aegea at the Istanbul show as the car will be built at Fiat’s plant in Bursa, in Turkey, alongside the likes of the Linea, Qubo and the Doblo.

It will come with a choice of four engines - two Multijet II diesels and two petrols, with power ratings between 94bhp and 118bhp. Fiat claims that they are capable of as much as 70.6mpg - on a par with the likes of the smaller Panda model.

Bruno confirmed that the company is still assessing whether to bring the car to the UK, and that it will be offered with Euro 6 compliant engines if it chooses to do so.

20150521032319 (1).jpg

20150521032319 (2).jpg

20150521032319 (3).jpg

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

Looks like the Italians have cross-bred stylistically with Germans (esp VW). Not quite FrancoItalian chic/playful expressivity, is it? But looks to be hugely spacious, will have stylish interiors, great detailing, and be more affordable than the Skoda Octavia and VW Jetta etc.

That seals the fate of India as a market for this car, even in 2018 say: it has a certain VERY, too grown-up, serious air about it, after all!

The lamp-grill integration up front and also the taillamp-integrated with the bootlid is interesting and very unique, i think.

Me likes it MUCH better than the Viaggio/Dodge Dart. If not India, one wonders whether China is a major target market for this car, at some point?
    cassini and bharath like this.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Very nice and desirable. It looks upmarket and belongs at a different level. Ideal upgrade for Linea users . Just what the doctor ordered. Fiat should bring it to india asap.

VIJENDRA SINGH and asimpleson like this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Yes this car is also their serious entry to US it seems some day.. It has definite touch of chrysler designers, atleast to me it looks that way... @prabhjot.

40 countries, that means its going to stay forever.
    prabhjot and bharath like this.
  6. C_S

C_S Amatore

Overall it looks good but The side profile looks too much like the Ciaz and Honda City ... and the head lamps i20 elite ...

I always thought it will be very difficult to better the Linea (the model before 2014)... and i believe that is the case here as well... The interiors are very good though ..
    bharath likes this.
  7. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

Grande Punto 1.2
    Million Dollar Question :
    Will it ever Come here?
    On the Car ... it looks stylish ,, yet masculine ,,, definitely not elegance as Fiat Linea but definitely better in interior space and premium elements. If it will launch here with less elements can easily take others c segments here and I see this car as trumpcard for Fiat but the question will remain the same:
    Will it ever Come here

Quite interesting that Fiat said its Global car ,, Africa, Middle East , Europe will get it for sure but what about South Asia
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    May be I'm the odd one out. I still prefer looks of Linea from outside. Aegea looks fab from inside except the steering which appeared a little awkward to me. In totality, if it comes here, I think it could clock good numbers for Fiat and looks a decent bet.
    acechip likes this.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

It seems Fiat has hired designers from all over .It reminds me of the old Opel Astra/Corsa from the rear, and full-on Hyundai I20 from the front. And that grill looks like a typical muscle carish. The dashboard is common to the 500 it appears.

Why not something new, ground up ?
  10. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

Grande Punto 1.2