1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat advertisement poll

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by rohitjha, Mar 20, 2011.

Do you think that the Tv advertisements by fiat india are Pathetic ?

1. YES

2. NO

3. NO IDEA

1. rohitjha

Which of these ads below do you like?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2011
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

The ads are not Pathetic by any means. Its just that the taste of the ads are very different than what the average indian consumer wants.

So there is a need for a lot of improvement in order to target the right demographics, but the current ads are not pathetic.
  3. Well said Ansal. FIAT should know what to place in front of their target customers. A genralised ad doesn't work keeping in mind the hauting past of FIAT.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

What is the guy trying to prove by giving a very odd and unclear demo of car to a thief?
    Indians are emotional, car is luxury to many. Not every indian is tech savy, well read and is willing to put in head for hours on internet forums to understand the car. Its a family buying process, emotions of most of the family members go into it and then buying decision is made if a car touches the right emotions of family and similarly is conveyed by society to them.

Good examples are

1> Toyota - Innova :: Shows large family celebrating happiness and traveling together
    Ethios :: Strong focus on quality with a touch of indian traditions see the red Tilak in ethios
    Qualis :: Again family celebrating festive season and being happy all together in a good car.

2>Maruti - Corporate : India comes home in Maruti --direct to heart words
    Swift :: Focused on fun to drive car for young generation as well as elders
    Dezire :: Focused on young nuclear family and childrens having good time together
    Esteem:: My big car - directly touching those who wanted to migrate to bigger car in smaller budget
    Alto :: Touches small family and its first car dreams

I dont feel that emotion or reason to buy approach in the FIAT car adverts, its just another 10sec filler.
    I did liked the initial Fiat Linea Advert of kid and father - "Admiration Guaranteed " but what after that...
  5. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

I expect a "Sorry" ad from FIAT. Sorry for dumping lakhs of potential UNO customers, sorry for Palio owners who got screwed for spares and sorry for exiting India multiple times! :firey

In simple, even me, being a die-hard FIAT fan, I am still not convinced that it will be a tension-free ownership if I buy a FIAT car presently. If I had to buy from my money, I would have blindly bought one. Mt Dad wants a Linea, I have just put his buying plans on hold.

If this is the situation for me, imagine the normal crowd, they won't even think of a FIAT!

FIAT India ads still says Linea is beautiful, which even a fool knows! Tell INDIA how well a FIAT car handles in curves, it's superb braking power, award winning engine ( Let them call it as India's National Engine) etc.

Just see the SX4 DDiS and Manza Elan Ads. HECK, seeing those ads I got so tempted that I test drove those cars multiple times! Suzuki Kizashi - India's Luxury Sports Sedan! Whats so luxurious or sporty in that car?!!

Now after new Fiesta and Verna are launched, God bless Linea! Punto will survive, but not Linea.
  6. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

@Viny: Very well said. The Maruti - Corporate ad is just heart touching.

FIAT's main characteristics are Looks and Handling.

-- There are many cars which at least look good enough. Like Polo, i20 and Fabia.

-- Other than i20, Polo and Fabia are pretty good handlers. And, not many go above 120kms speed to actually appreciate the handling. Even I don't drive that fast.

Want I want to say is people have alternatives which are almost as good as FIAT cars. There are not many strong reasons for people to buy a FIAT car in spite of knowing that their business performance is bad in India.

If I say someone that FIAT's engines are good, they say yes, Swift and Dzire etc are good.
  7. rohitjha

i shared some tv ads at starting of this thread which run abroad.these ads are really good.
    see the ads and give ur views.
  8. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

These ads won't work in India as our Indians don't know the basics of FIAT.

They think Padmini was manufactured by FIAT and after Padmini they have designed Punto and Linea. So many feel Punto and Linea drives like a Padmini.
  9. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

In TATA SKY, they are showing some FIAT ads. Even FIAT India's Marketing Head I think his name is Varun Khanna, he too speaks in the Ad.

I guess we need to directly contact him. ::T
  10. royj

royj Esperto

+1 There. When I bought Punto, i20 diesel was not in the market yet, so was the Polo. I had read a lot about Skoda ASS to be wary of buying a Fabia. But now if I am in the market to buy, I find that Punto is the best VFM among these 3-4 cars, but now Figo is also there to take that tag away. ::pP

Well in my 18 months ownership of Punto, there was just one instance where I really appreciated the handling characteristics of the car. It was just 3 months or so in the ownership, the speed was just around 65-70kmph. I was going faster than the regular traffic and while overtaking some slow moving vehicles, I got myself into a tricky situation with oncoming traffic and a rough patch of road ahead. Without thinking too much I just swerved through the rough patch and was really surprised to find the car keeping its stability and cool and coming along just as I wanted.
    So you need not go above 100kmph, but creating similar situations as above to appreciate it's handling are almost impossible.