1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat a real addiction !!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by naveen, Nov 11, 2011.

1. naveen

naveen Novizio

I have been following Team Fiat for almost an year now and felt its high time to share my experience.

It all started in the early 2007 when I was in UK driving a 98 Model Fiat Brava 1.6 petrol for more than 2 years. One day on my way to work I have seen two stunning puntos outside the Fiat showroom in East Ham near the community hall, I was very impressed and wanted to exchange my exisitng car for the punto. Couple of days later I went to the showroom and enquired about it. After the initial valuation of the Brava the difference amount was out of my affordability so the idea of owning the beauty is out of question.

I moved back to India in 2008 and started using the spare car(Wagon R) we had at home. As my work place is 26 kms away from my home, idea of owning a Diesel car was always there. In Nov 2010 my wife got placed in to a new project and her office timings were different from mine, So finally I had to take a decision of buying a new car and gave the wagon R to my wife for her daily commute as she is used to it.

After the decision was made the obvious choice was Punto Diesel which I wanted to buy when I was in UK though my parents were little worried about not seeing many puntos on road I was able to convince them. But the question was which variant, EMOTION was fitting my budget and with no second thought booked the HHBlack car from Tejaswi Motors near Hitech City on Dec 15th 2010. Sales Person Ms Nirosha was very courteous and helpful. I was promised delivery after 15 Days and I was ok with that. On Dec 22nd, 2010 I got a call from Ms Nirosha at around 5pm and she confirmed that the car has just arrived and they would be giving the delivery on 23rd itself. Took the delivery on 23rd at around 9pm as I was stuck at work due to some unplanned meeting. Let me tell you I havent done any PDI as I never knew that something like that exists and also I have not even taken the test drive and went with the previous experience of Brava.

Till date I have clocked 22,000 Kms and I am very happy with the decision I have made.

Issues Faced Till now:

AC O ring gone within the very first week of taking the delivery and was fixed by Service Centre in a Day.

Noise from Front and Rear window glasses. Complained every time I go to the SC will be ok for couple of days and will be back again. Living with it.

Front Right Headlamp unit replaced under warrantly as there was some blackening. Proactively changed by SA.

Long Drives Done:

Total Distance: 1500 Kms
    Duration : 4 Days
    Route: Hyderabad - Tirupati - Kalhasti- Kanipakam - kanchi - Chengalpattu - Chennai - Vijaywada - Hyderbad.

Total Distance: 3600 Kms
    Duration: 5 Days
    Route: Hyderabad - Viayawada - Visakhapatnam - Bherampur - Ramba - Bhubaneswar - Puri - Konark - Srikakulam - Simhachalam - Annavaram - Bhimavaram - Dwaraka Tirumala - Vijayawada - Hyderabad.

During the Hyderabad - Bhubaneswar trip on the way back near Palakollu (40km away from Bhimavaram) at around 7:30pm drove thru a very big pot hole and engine guard was badly hit and started touching the gear box resulting in heavy noise. Stopped the car and called my Service Advisor Mr Joseph and he advised me to drive to the nearest town if there is no engine oil leak and if the temperature gauge remains normal. I drove to Bhimavaram and since I had already planned to stay that night in Bhimavaram I thought of calling the Fiat RSA next day morning.

Next day morning I have called Fiat RSA and they confirmed that they have a mechanic available in Bhimavaram and told me I will have to bear the expenses for the repair as it was due to accident to which I agreed. In the next 30 mins mechanic came to my guest house and inspected the vehicle. He confirmed that due to the impact a dent was formed on the engine gaurd. Took the vehicle to his garage and fixed it. Whole thing was done in less than an hour and the charges were Rs 200/-.

Before we went for the trip my father has booked a Dezire Vdi and after the trip he changed his decision and bought a Linea Active Diesel as he was very much impressed with the ride quality and the Fiat RSA.
    [TABLE="width: 239"]

2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome naveen. Good to see your nice experience with Fiat RSA.

Do post some pictures.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Nice write up, Congrats. Can you please elaborate on the "Noise from Front and Rear window glasses." I've been seeing similar issues and wanted to check if it is the same.

My front glasses make crackling noise when they are half open and i drive on rough roads, do you see the same behavior?
  4. naveen

naveen Novizio

Thanks Vj V1.

I hear these noises only when the glasses are closed while driving on the rough roads.
  5. Welcome to TFI and Punto Club. I wish you smile every mile. There is no Punto in having an ownership thread without pictures. :D
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome naveen to TFI with your grande, post some pictures also,,
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Even I was also facing the same issue. Then I took my to Service Center and he used a lubricant for the power windows and issue is resolved now.

Naveen nice write up. Well congratulations to your father for buying a beautiful and VFM car.
  8. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Welcome to the Punto club. Nice write up!
  9. shams

shams Esperto

welcome to TFI naveen!! :) two things are awaited from you.
    1. pictures in this thread
    2. a separate thread on your 3600 km trip in the "Street & Travel Experience" section.
  10. welcome to TFI buddy.... Happy Driving....