1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT 500 covered for 1st time

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Tron, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    lolzzz ::V guys pls dont say that u r expecting 500 at cost of 7-9lac.!!!! From 18lac. range to 7-9lac range mean lots of cost cutting experiments!! Which will simply result in 500 will start feeling like ALTO! :uh ...u cant experience that elegance if FIAT brings her prises down!!

@bnzjon, be positive we'll surely have 500 owners on TFI in upcoming months!
    @nk4FIAT, thanx bro...i'll try to flick some shots under the hood of 500. Lets see if its possible or not.
    @Tony, lolzz ::V u'll kick ma ass but when i bought ma -LINEA- i didn't do PDI!!! :A :uh ...& hell yeh, arabs dont care about money man! They are just biggest messy people with money!
  2. Well, a white Fiat 500 is on display in RF Motors, Cochin. They keep the car locked all the time. But I was lucky enough to sit inside a Fiat 500 while we're checking out Fiat Grande Punto.

I had clicked a good amount of pics. Sadly, I lost all the pics except one due to hard disk crash.

EDIT : From what I've heard from my sources, the famous Malayalam actor Mamooty owns a Fiat 500. :D

[attachment=0:1z6os9g2]DSC06536-3.JPG[/attachment:1z6os9g2]

DSC06536-3.JPG
  3. rajbajwa

rajbajwa

Mumbai
    Fiat 500 is an iconic car from the 1950s and is gaining popularity globally for being a cute little compact economic car. It's marketing in Europe and now in USA is that of cheap and practical city car and the best part is that it has slowly regained the cult status which it once had. The cost of the car in Europe is in the range of Euro 10500 - 14000 (6.5 Lacs to 8.5 lacs). Abarth from Italy make the sports versions of the car with supercharged engines and power going up to 200 PS. They have different customisation for power and a little bit of looks with the famous Abarth decals put on them. Even these little rockets cost just about 15000 - 20000 Euros (9 Lacs to 13 lacs).

The point I am trying to make is Fiat 500 is really just a 8 lac rupee car. It costs 18 lacs for us because of 105% Customs duty and other taxes on completely Imported cars.

I love this car a lot but I feel I would never want to own it in India because I don't want to pay more than twice the price of a car because of the taxes. I have travelled a bit around Europe and my eyes would always go wide open like a kid seeing ice cream when a Fiat 500 would pass by me.

So if my work takes me outside India, I know this is the car for me and not just the regular 500 but the Abarth esse esse with custom decals to mirror those of the the limited edition Fiat Abarth Opening Edition. This model has a red and white chequered roof as a tribute to all the sporting events which the Abarth brand has won.

India is slowly becoming a manufacturing hub for automobiles. If Fiat plans to start manufacturing the 500 here it sure will cost us only about 8 lacs without it losing any elegance or sheen and become another cheap Indian car.

Man I love Fiat and the 500 !!!
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Nice pictures tron :clapping And a gud review too..

The cute little 500 is only for people who know about the car and its appeal subjects to limited people.There's a lot of history behind this car.FIAT should make an fully indian 500 if they are looking at volumes.Otherwise the current owners would keep enjoying their exclusivity till death ::D
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    This car is already sold..it was there today at the service center for PDI..I've requested for the owners details..hope i can get him on TFI :)
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Sorry guys wrong call..this car is not sold yet...it was taken to a rally in lavasa along with other cars...nuthin elz apart from that..
  7. Aaaron, will you be able to get hold of the pics?

What's the result of the rally?
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @klub class

il try my best buddy...der were many other cars over there as mentioned by my SA..nissan 370z..n many more..il demand for pics..will post as i get hold of em..

result donno buddy...will post details soon...hold tyt till then ::D
  9. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Wont the price of this car come to around 10L with the signing of the FTA with Europe?
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Gimme tomorrow, ill try getting getting a 500 owner here. Will speak to him tomorrow.