1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT 500 covered for 1st time

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Tron, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    On last monday i went to galaxy motors after giving may car at TASS. As i as was free for whole day i went to take TD of T-jet. where i saw that a FIAT 500 is kept at 1st floor.
    FIAT 500

Whether you’re buying your first car or a new car, the 500 is the car for you. Because it’s a car designed by you. Lots of details and options for style, sportiness and comfort, giving innumeriable different combinations for the 500. Why not find yours now?

Created by the Fiat Style Centre, the new 500 is a small 3-door: it is 355 cm long, 163 cm wide, and 149 cm high, and has a wheelbase of 230 cm.

An cute, playful compact with soft rounded styling.

The front combines the family feeling of the most recent Fiat models with the distinctive elements of the first Fiat 500: such as round upper headlights above and main beam lights below, the whiskers and logo.

On the side, the mid-line slopes slightly at the front, giving the car an impression of sturdiness.

The rear features a chrome handle in the shape of a bicycle saddle.

Powered with a 1.3 Ltr Multijet engine with 75 bhp of power output at 4000 rpm and a peak torque of 145 nm at 1500 rpm , the new 500 ensures the greatest driving pleasure.

These outstanding performance figures go hand in hand with equally impressive performance in terms of fuel economy and respect for the environment.

it was a 268 Bossa Nova White sport model
    ENGINE
    No. of Cylinders - 4, in line, transversly mounted on front
    Displacement (cc) - 1248
    Max. power output - 75 bhp @ 4000 rpm
    Peak torque - 145 Nm @ 1500 rpm
    Fuel feed - 'Common Rail' Multijet direct injection with supercharger and intercooler

STEERING SYSTEM
    Steering Type - electric DualdriveTM Power steering
    Turning radius (m) - 4.6
    Brakes - ABS with EBD
    Front (mm)- Disc 240 ( Self - ventilating)
    Rear (mm) - Drum 180
    SUSPENSION SYSTEM

Front - ndependent with McPherson set-up with lower wishbones anchored to a subsidiary cross-member, stabliser bar connected to shock absorber
    Rear - Wheels interconnected by means of torsion beam.
    WHEELS
    Tyres - 185 / 55 R 15
    DIMENSIONS
    Wheelbase (mm) - 2300
    Track Front / Rear (mm) - 1414 / 1408
    Length / width - 3446 / 1627
    Height, unladen (mm) - 1488
    BOOT SPACE
    Standard - 185
    PERFORMANCE
    Top speed - 165
    Acceleration (Sec) 0 - 100 km/h - 12.5
    PERSONAL REVIEW
    500 is actually lifestyle car!as i take a look at her she feels me pretty appleing. From front her nose looks like a hybrid cars!! Car is curvaceous which is kinda symbol of FIAT! Fit & finish of the car is very astonishing! Each & everything feels appropriate! It seems that main symbolic theme of 500 is elliptical & circular shapes & they maintain these shapes in details with each & every visual part of 500. As it was 500 sport whole dashboard was gray in color but white panel on it looks really impressive with 500 badge in chrome!! The main theme of elliptical & circular shapes also carried in interior. Corner AC vents, console panel buttons, speedo meter, RPM meter,chrome lineing around gear knob,door handles are in circular shape only!!Plastic quality of dashboard is pretty rich. In this car front seats are bucket seats which are really good on long drive also. But rear seats are not that specious as per our indian requirements! But still 2 lil young fellas can accommodate in that space.Seat fabric quality is also up to the mark!!Storage place is smartly made below gear knob which can accommodate couple of cell phones/i-pods. Still giving open glove box isent feel very good idea! It really looks odd! Chrome used in car is perfect not more & not less also. Front head lamp unit is very much attractive with those elliptical headlamp cluster but rear lamps dont feel that much. But if u'll check out car from back sied u'll notice that sporty look is cleverly maintained.Chrome exhaust is also very catchy! I'll suggest that Chrome steel kick plates should be illuminated rather than putting rubber wording as 500. It'll look really grate!

i havent took TD of this car so cant say about ride quality & all damping done in car. I'll surely update TD till that time i'll upload some pics i flicked on ma cannon.
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    here are some cannon flicks!

F500.jpg

F500 (1).jpg

F500 (2).jpg

F500 (3).jpg

F500 (4).jpg

F500 (5).jpg

F500 (6).jpg

F500 (7).jpg

F500 (8).jpg

F500 (9).jpg

F500 (10).jpg

F500 (11).jpg

F500 (12).jpg

F500 (13).jpg

F500 (14).jpg
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Moved from Ownership section.

First when I saw the thread, thought someone has finally bought the 500 on TFI ::O .
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    some more

F500 (15).jpg

F500 (16).jpg

F500 (17).jpg

F500 (18).jpg

F500 (19).jpg

F500 (20).jpg

F500 (21).jpg
  5. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    haha lolzz...lets hope it will happen soon ravi
  6. How many owners will this car get, given the conservative Indian customer and the price of the car?
  7. Tron, i was about to congratulate you !
    Anyways, as you said, we will get a 500 owner in TFI hopefully soon.

The 500 looks very cute ::T
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Somebody has in fact bought a 500 in India in December 2010. We should send a mail to FIAT India and request them to give us the contact details of the owner so that we can invite him to TFI. ::V

Anyways, here is the FIAT 500 I reviewed on August 16, 2010.

It was the star attraction of Hind Motors, Chandigarh. People used to come upto 500, ask the price and then move away to Indica, Punto. ::V
    [attachment=0:3caf8yik]Photo-0280.jpg[/attachment:3caf8yik]

Photo-0280.jpg
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There was some news that Fiat will make 500 more affordable in India, to make pricing under 8-9 Lakhs. Looks they are not able to sell Punto and Linea in expected numbers, their concentration might have shifted.
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    There is one BNW 500 parked at Malik cars body shop for the body shop repairs.... Which means someone has it in Hyderabad :)....