1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat 500 ABARTH 595 Competizione - First Drive Report

Discussion in 'Abarth' started by nkrishnap, Aug 12, 2015.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    We hope they deliver the Punto with a throatier exhaust note. Its too muted now.

Honestly I could not try any of these stuff. The car was already in Sport mode and the setting were not changed during the drive. Also the difference in the set up would hardly be noticeable on a race track. We hope to give you a more in depth review of this car as and when we can get hold of one.

Short wheelbase couple with stiffer suspension should not make it too difficult to drive around unless you have huge speed breakers like you have in Bangalore.

Thank you.

I could not set up the dashcam in the Punto as we were running out of time.
  2. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @nkrishnap

Good to have your short crisp review. Indeed it would have been icing on the cake if they would have given a chance for you to drive a mini cooper and 595 back to back since that is what they think the competition is.

Please confirm what I could see from the video is that you maintained a avg speed between 70 to 100 kmph in 1 st lap and in btw 90 to 140 in second lap.If I am wrong Please clarify what was your top speed self driven.
    Also if you could shed some light on Punto dynamics on initial pick up stage and what speed the tyre started to make noise on the bends.
    Make and Ratings difference of tyre for punto and 595 since both are having identical speed and weight comparison

@prabhjot
    Yes it can be driven on certain delhi roads but not in sports mode since it won't be even able to cross a brick lying even horizontally on a road and god knows we have much bigger articles on road forget about the speed breakers.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Great article and video. Thanks.

Any words on the scorpion alloys? Love to have it on the existing puntos though :D
  4. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Having the Mini Cooper would have diluted the launch in my opinion.

Both these laps were not at true full tilt per say as these were not hot laps. I got to do 2 more hot laps where I did not record the video due to time constraints. The lap time there was much faster (not that the lap times were recorded.

I hit north of 190 kmph on the back straight overtaking the other 595. It will hit the 2 ton mark. Mind you I had 4 people on board.

How did you arrive the avg speed that too between 70 to 100 and 90 to 140. Just curious to know.

You will get to hear about the alloys once the Punto Evo Abarth is launched. In my opinion, they should not sell this as an accessory, it will simply dilute the Abarth presence.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Will the car with GC of 105mm pass over the speed breakers at the toll booths on Mumbai Pune Eway?
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hey, it's a pure sports car, a retro-cute, and 'original' one at that! To be driven, fast and accelerative, only on predictable, 'chikna' roads, after all? And to be as showy or visually enchanting as anything else on the road.

It is not as if any of the following un/anti-sporty MASS MARKET best sellers can clear speed bumps either, with any ease, i.e., without damaging bumpers, front or rear, oil sumps et al:

Hyundai Verna, VW Polo+Vento+Rapid, Honda City, Maruti Swift, Honda Amaze, Hyundai Xcent, Maruti WagonR+Celerio, and of course in addition all bmw, volvo, merc and audi sedans and hatches. Also the Mini. The i20 elite's not much good....at tackling potholes either, let alone speed breakers. And so on.:hilarious:

PS: The Creta (a good thing they didn't name it 'Greta Elite'!) and the S Cross have lower ground clearance (not to mention suspension travel) than even the Linea!:playful:
  7. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    @nkrishnap, seems you had a blast while driving the Abarth 595. I really envy you. I hope that TFI can play a significant role for FIAT in India in the coming times. By the way who was driving the car in 1st lap?
  8. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I drove both the laps. Did not do the driver swap. Convinced the gentleman that the co-driver's seat is good
    manas_270, kunwar.g, prabhjot and 3 others like this.
  9. manas_270

manas_270 Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you for the Wonderful Coverage @nkrishnap . Loved the dashcam video of the 2 laps especially the 2nd lap. you seem to have hit pretty good speeds & aggressive corners (using the rumble strips to your advantage in the corners ;))

Liked the braking too while entering into the pit where the lead & 1st car were waiting. That is some serious stopping power from the speed you were doing.

Best part was "Hope I didn't scare you" :D
  10. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur