1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT 500 1:43SM ownership review

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by PaddleShifter, Feb 24, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What I like: :lol:
    • Stunning Retro design. Absolute kid magnet stuff.
    • Solid build quality even in scale model.
    • Pull back and go motor equipped.
    • Doors can be opened (unlike FIAT India genuine accessory scale models of Punto/Linea)
    • Superb drive- Very less body roll.
    • No apprehensions regarding A.S.S.
    • No "waiting period" for delivery.

What I don't: ::pP
    • Doors don't give that satisfying thud on closing.
    • Interiors- No Dual Tone interiors.
    • Quality of sun-roof is flimsy.
    • Chrome lining on front bumper has a small scratch.

PART1: Hey guys, I got a new scale model yesterday
    I went to a local toy store in Chandigarh to get a 1:18 scale model of Yamaha-FIAT motoGP 2010 bike of Valentino Rossi. Incidentally, he had 1 in stock but it was a very big scale model (perhaps 1:12) and was thus out of my budget. I saw some other scale models of F1 cars, sports cars, BMWs, Audis, Mercs etc. and was so sold on a Lamborghini Murcilago scale model. Price= Rs2900. It turned out to be a fully remote controlled toy scale model. Came out empty handed and went to nearby Rama stores Kids mall.

Started looking at various scale models when something caught my eye. It looked like a FIAT 500. I must be dreaming.
    I see a FIAT in every beautiful things nowadays. It can't be. I don't drink. I am sure what I saw. I asked him to show the previous scale models and there it was. It was a FIAT 500 scale model. :clap

PART2: The selection process of the scale model
    - I was wondering why are they having a scale model of FIAT 500 in India? ::V 500 isn't the popular car here.
    - I was certain of getting myself a Lamborghini or a BMW 5 series. Even the Audi R8 was looking good. But, 1 look at the 500 and the whole counter was cleared to make way for the stunning beauty.
    - I kept it aside and asked him to show me the entire FIAT series he is stocking. This salesman was so curious (and ::OO ) at my enthusiasm to look at FIATs.
    - Finally, he told me to come inside and have a look. So, I could not find any other FIAT car I was looking for.

The counter in this section of the mall now had 6 cars:
    Lamborghini Murcilago- Looks so mean in black color. The doors couldn't be opened and only the sporty streamlined body looked tempting
    Lamborghini Gallardo- In Yellow color is a total drool material. Doors can't be opened in this model too.
    Audi A6: This one was loose (without any packing) with great attention paid to detailing. Had working lights as well besides doors that can be opened. The doors were very heavy and solid, with beige interiors and excellent fit and finish.
    Audi R8: Well, such a sporty looking car with nice attention to detailing in the scale model. This one was costly (close to Rs1000).
    BMW 5 series: doors and bonnet can be opened, great detailing, good interiors.
    FIAT 500: In Pasodoble Red color with retro looks was standing distinct as compared to all others. Great attention paid to detailing. The chrome moulding neat the edge of rear door has 500 written in chrome just like real 500.

PART 3: Head vs Heart ::V
    Now head said Audi A6 while heart said FIAT 500.
    Finally, heart said to head, What The Fiat (WTF) bro!! Are you forcing him to go for a non-FIAT? :lol:
    - So, the decision was made. It was a Pasodoble Red FIAT 500. :dance

VIN No: September 2009 (It is BS-III)
    Imported to India: June 2010
    Chassis No: 4-0011XX
    Car Model: Fiat 500
    Color: Pasodoble Red
    Variant: Lounge
    Engine: 1.3MJD
    Mods: 98PCD 16" Linea T-JET with 205/55 R16 tires- Michelin.
    Final on desk price: Rs 199/-

Unboxed it, clicked a few photos. Rest of the photos were clicked today. The quality isn't top class as compared to my Yamaha YZR-M1 1:18 scale model by MAISTO. But it is complete VFM. Sorry for poor quality pics. :ban

SMALL NOTE:
    - The manufacturing company's name is Welly. There are 5 cars in FIAT series by Welly. FIAT 126 (part no. 42372), 125P (part no. 42399), Grande Punto (part no. 43602), 500 (part no. 43605), NUOVA 500 (part no. 43606).
    - Imported by ZAPAK Digital Entertainment Ltd. 401, Infiniti Mall, New Link Road, Andheri (West), Mumbai - 400053. No need to visit a TATA accessory shop and request the sales man to order your favourite FIAT scale model now. :hit Now there is another option apart from eBay and TATA.
    - Since this isn't a genuine FIAT accessory, so posting it in Hangout section.
    - A thread on scale model is essentially letting out the kid inside you. Hence, the text in this topic is like what it is. ::V
    - Some of you might be aware of my Linea 1:43SM scale model thread as well. My Linea 1.4FIRE 1:43SM ownership review is here:
    viewtopic.php?f=39&t=551

[attachment=0:2qs7ec6f]1. Unboxing.jpg[/attachment:2qs7ec6f]
    [attachment=1:2qs7ec6f]2. From Italy with love.jpg[/attachment:2qs7ec6f]
    [attachment=2:2qs7ec6f]4. Who says Thar is the best off-roader.jpg[/attachment:2qs7ec6f]
    [attachment=3:2qs7ec6f]5. Low GC- bottoms scraps easily.jpg[/attachment:2qs7ec6f]
    [attachment=4:2qs7ec6f]6. Whatta beauty.jpg[/attachment:2qs7ec6f]
    [attachment=5:2qs7ec6f]9. Driver side door open.jpg[/attachment:2qs7ec6f]

1. Unboxing.jpg

2. From Italy with love.jpg

5. Low GC- bottoms scraps easily.jpg

6. Whatta beauty.jpg

9. Driver side door open.jpg

4. Who says Thar is the best off-roader.jpg
    8 people like this.
  2. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    LOL Yashik! Superb review there. ::T
  3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping
    :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

:evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile

:steering :steering :steering :steering

I am not able to control my laughter

I also want it
  4. Excellent write Yashik.... Am posting after a very very long time on this site. Thanks to your write up here ::T
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing

:evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile

Great write-up !!!! :clap Absolute proffessional !!!! :wow

:nicethread
  6. ha ha, the first 500 ownership review and buying experience in TFI :dance

That was an excellentr review.....what to say..hmm, very passionate one :wow

Only you can do such things Yashik :dancing

No discounts; freebies; not even RSA ? Any mods planned in the near future ?
    Does Mangesh Kodalkar takes care of service issues for this car too ?
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks @ Arun1100, Sujith1100, shashanknathani, N Kiran and BnzJon. ::D

@BnzJon- Yes sir, you are right. No discounts, no freebies, RSA etc. ::V

Q: Any mods planned in the near future?
    A: No, most FIAT cars look best when stock from outside. 16" T-JET alloys were the only mods planned.

Q: Does Mangesh Kodalkar takes care of service issues for this car too?
    A: Mr Mangesh have enough responsibilities already. Moreover, I'll be servicing it myself so my warranty for FIAT 500 is void anyways. :wink:
  8. Awesome Write up. Congrats on your new Acquisition :car

I was inactive all these days here. You made me post on this forum after a long break. Thanks again ::T
  9. arichakra

arichakra

Kolkata
    Great one, please share your testdrive experience as well. Waiting for a detail travelogue with your Fiat500 :car
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Looks like you surely dont have any patients, Doc Aashik ::V

This is The stuff of Legends. :clap :drinks