1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat 2012 launch at Green Park, Vadapalani, Chennai today at 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by srida, Feb 2, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Some highlights or the information that were received during the launch event in Chennai. Sathya will add more and upload the pictures later.

- Launch event was well organized and the cars were unveiled (FTA Linea and TW Punto Active). They had arranged a dance show which doesn't gel well for Fiat launch.
    - Decent crowd at the event. Around 50 and press also participated.

Some information on future launches (not officially announced. These info was received during interaction with launch organizers)

- No Cafe planned for Chennai. As of now its going to be only Delhi and Pune.
    - 90HP will be launched by April. T-Jet is still under review.
    - Complete face-lift of Punto and Linea by Jan'2013.
    - 1.6 MJD will not make it to India in near or medium term. It is also highly unlikely even with the full face-lift in Jan'2013.

Sathya, please add more if I have missed any. And also the pictures :).
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Fiat gave powerful hatch when the country wasn't ready, now they are shying away when all C segment sedans are moving to 100+ HP. Why facelift the existing ones, they are already gorgeous. Some changes in the interior to liberate more leg room and piano black interiors with a good engine is all needed. People looking for upgrade within Fiat no option other than to look elsewhere.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  3. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes Teky,

But the trend is People are looking for new models every year to be unique or some reason say .. and that too runs for up to 1 or 2 years currently,
    for example polo,etios,figo first six to 1 yr there were more news on count of sellings later, if a new reputed manufacturer creates a new model all are switching to it , think face lift should be complete face lift from the prev models , also atlease a new car should be done by by fiat per year to show up in current market scenario ,

like say films total collections can be done in first two weeks only now adays
  4. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Any information on the availablity[time frame] of GC upgrade kit for chennai is shared in the event?

Thanks
    Gopi
  5. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    FIAT 2012 Linea and Punto Launch at Chennai - Report

Thanks Ramesh. You have actually summarized it all. However outlining what I heard as a part of event.
    </SPAN>
    Went to the 2012 FIAT Linea and Punto launch here at Chennai. Was late by almost 45 minutes to the venue. Thanks to Chennai Traffic. By the time I reached there, there was a person from Tata Motors (Didn’t get his name properly) who talking about the 2012 launch and its features which has been discussed thousand times here. But for the general public (atleast around 50 people) who had gathered there, it must have been quite an impressive session to understand the features of Linea.</SPAN>

Then after the presentation we all gathered at the Parking area of the Hotel where a beautiful FTA Linea Dynamic and TW Punto Active were launched. Then it was open to the press to take photographs and to see the vehicle. I had an opportunity to speak to the FIAT guy who had come to the launch. Below is the info. that I was able to gather. Every point discussed had a “may” in it</SPAN>

1. 2013 may see completely refreshed Linea and Punto in terms of exterior and interiors, though mechanical changes ( I mean the heart of the car) is not yet finalized. (Multi-Jet 2 or Multi-Air.. Wishful thinking!!)</SPAN>
    2. 1.6 will not make to India. So let’s not have any hope here.</SPAN>
    3. There may be no T-Jet in Punto as well (atleast as of now)</SPAN>
    4. Introduction of T-Jet in Linea (2012 T-Jet) is being analyzed due to fuel disparity in India. However this budget may be crucial for the 2012 T-jet launch (80K increase in MJD prices may give room for 2012 T-Jet launch)</SPAN>
    5. 90HP Punto 2012 may be launched in the next 3-4 months. However he was tight lipped on the changes we can expect. When I asked about 16 inch alloys in 90HP, he smiled and said that rumors are flouting all around.</SPAN>
    6. Chennai may not see a FIAT Caffe. Independent service center is being considered but no concrete plans yet.</SPAN>
    7. Grand Cheroke may be pitched against Evoque! But is coming to India for sure.</SPAN>
    8. We also had a couple of dealer (VST and Tafe) heads assuring better service and quality levels. It was re-assuring actually to hear them.</SPAN>
    9. Complete upgade kit for GC will be available shortly at a price. No timeline was shared though for this.

There was a dance program in this event which seemed really out of place (even though the dancers performed well). And there were some quick fun events that made the launch colorful and good.
    </SPAN>
    Overall, this is an attempt FIAT is taking to re-establish the brand and gave a felling that FIAT is definitely in the right direction. Took only a couple of pics which I will upload shortly.</SPAN>
    3 people like this.
  6. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Pics now.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1328247815657.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1328247850751.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1328247869612.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1328247880833.jpg
  7. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    Glad that FIAT is considering reaching - out to people and showcase its products.

We petrol-heads might want T_Jet Punto or 1.6 MJD, honestly the market is miniscule in India - also given the baggage FIAT has, the priority is to get a reasonable footing and establish the superiority of the Linea & Punto and bring them into the consideration set of the average buyer.

having said that - In my opinion, FIAT is taking the path of least resistance to slowly carve - out a share. However, history has it "our degree of deviation from the norm, defines the heights we will go!". This route sure will yeild results, but there will be years of wait - the question is "Is it going to be worth the wait?"
    1 person likes this.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Sathya, I am confused by the above statement. How did 2011 TJet run with Indian fuel? Does this mean that the TJet could get axed? What are the chances of the TJet launch in April?
  9. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    @speedjet.. I meant the cost disparity between fuel types and it was told Tjet was selling in very low numbers being a petrol vehicle. However if the 2013 budget introduces 80k additional tax on Diesel vehicles, petrol cars may start selling in decent numbers again and Tjet may also see the light.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    @sathya_sc: so it means that if no tax is introduced on diesels, then TJet shall not see the light :(

This is strange, my view was that car manufacturers would be forced to lower diesel car prices which are currently overpriced by all manufacturers. But looks like industry had a different view