1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat 1100 buying advice

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by sine04, Nov 28, 2013.

1. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I'm on the lookout for a Millecento/Elegant to start my own restoration project. I've been scouring the net extensively, but the only things that have turned up are modified or ridiculously priced cars! I've reached a point where I'm ready to choose the lesser evil. It is on this point that I need valuable advice.
    1) What's the approximate price for a decent condition car?
    2) What are the main things (mechanically) that have to be inspected in order to avoid nasty surprises later?
    3) What parts are relatively easily available and can be ignored while making the inspection?
    4) Were there any frequently encountered complaints/problems that were fixed by some 'jugaad' by the owners that have to be checked?
    5) Documents- what to check, what are essential for the conversion to my name, what are required for the car to be road legal?
    I'm sure I've left out many other important points in my ignorance. So I request the experts here to please guide me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  2. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
  3. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    Honestly, I was expecting a bit more enthusiasm and information from the members. I'm disappointed with the lack of any response. It can't be that there are none here who have tread on this path!

4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
  5. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    I pm'ed a couple of founder members of FCB who're on this forum. But no reply.

6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    I'll do that. Thanks a lot for your replies. :)
    One more question, what number am I looking at? I'm willing to spend around 1-1.5 lakhs. Can I expect a clean car in that budget?
  8. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Selects and super selects can be bought for 1L to 1.5L . You have to search for a good car. Patience pays. There's one select in TN which I found when i was for a hunt last month. Its with a dealer. Ill PM you the details if you are interested in a TN car.

Other than that, yearly tax comes around 1000 rs, FC once in 5 years and green tax of 5000 rs once in 5 years. Other maintenance charges depends on the condition of the car. If taxes are not paid for last few years, you would have to pay them with a small penalty.
    1 person likes this.
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.