1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT –LINEA- are you the chosen one??

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Tron, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Name of Ride: FIAT -LINEA-, Fox Trote Azure
    Bought in: July 29 2010
    Km's done till today: 6080kms only!

FIAT -LINEA- is a subject on which one can do PhD!!! ::V So many thing are yet to be known about her! On every morning I wake up & found something new about her!!! ::V ::T

HOW DID I COME TO KNOW ABOUT LINEA??
    About linea I m having an awesome story,I saw linea 1st time in times of india’s DRIVE page on 15june 2007.i liked it so much ::T that I showed it 2 my dad & told him that ‘’lets hope this car will come soon so that we can buy.’’ Meanwhile I was having tata indigo which was a pretty good experience till 4 years. After 4 years she start causing problems. So dad & me start searching for new best in SEDAN segment car. As we all know skoda OCTVIA is a pretty good car & she made a impact on me; so I suggested dad for OCTAVIA & both of we went to JMD. Where we come to know that car is discontinued!! :cry: I was totally sad & short listed some other cars.
    1)ALTIS
    2)OPTRA
    3)LINEA
    4)FIESTA

As dad was using indigo diesel & was fond of good FE So we set our self in diesel category only.

OPTRA- a business class car with good luxury. But I was suspicious about GM’s presence in india as they were falling down in US. In any case if they shut down their plants in india Its goona be big loss so no to optra.

FIESTA- totally unknown about ford’s service network & not at all appealing car! Specially high GC was resulted in bad body roll!!

ALTIS- dad was ready for altis just because of toyota’s name. but it was a lil costly affair & base version was the only option in that range of budget.

-LINEA- : a car whose looks were killing me ::OO :clap :up !! She was having lot of new stuff in suitable budget package. Only two factors I was suspicious about 1) after sales service 2) underpower feeling of car as per critics.

TD OF -LINEA-
    I went to fortune motors in wagale estate for TD of linea. I saw her from inside thoroughly for the first time & no need to mention that I was really impressed by her :up !! I took TD in flamenco red emo pk. & hell no!!! all that critics opinion was bullshit :thumbs down ! Cars engine is pretty refined & powerful enough!! Specially torque is very well set up! I would like to tell all those critics that linea is a business class car & very urbanized car! If they want more power then they should see some sports cars not business class city car! Linea’s steering feels very communicative & accurate :steering !! As much speed you increase steering gives you more good feedback! :up Suspensions on linea are very accurate. If anybody noticed it,linea tends to hide speed very cleaverly! You feel stable around corners. Best work is done on linea’s body roll. Foot rest is given at left side of the clutch which initially causing uncomfert felling but 1s we get use to it, its actually helpful & relaxing! I expect more good plastic quality for this segment of car where I am paying almost 10lac.this was the only issue turn me down! :cry:

HELL YEH I BOOKED HER!
    Finally my & my dad’s mind stabled on LINEA only! We complete all formalities & booked Fox Trote Azure Emotion pk. Our factory is at rabale in navi Mumbai. Fita’s guy deliver car at my factory on 27 July 2010. After long tug-of war dealer agreed to provide some accessories. He gave me mud flaps,matty,beige leather seat covers,Teflon coating. I never even think in dreams that car I saw 3years ago in TOI’s DRIVE page will be own by me ::OO :clap !! Being linea owner is honorable for me. :wow :dance I will say people choose their cars but in my case i feel like -LINEA- choose me for herself!!

FUEL EFFICIENCY
    in the beginning cars FE wasn’t good enough. She was giving 15km/l in city condition with AC on but as she did some of 1500kms run she starts giving wonderful FE around 18.2km/l in city with 100% AC on which was amazing :dance !!
    Our 1.3MJD's have min speed specified for each gear in case of no acceleration as follows:
    In 2nd gear min. speed without acceleration is 10kmph
    IN 3rd gear 20kmph
    IN 4th gear 30kmph
    IN 5th gear 40kmph
    this thing is so useful that in slow moving traffic i keep using 3rd/4th gear with no foot on accelerator!!
    Even when i ride my car in city using 5th gear is no trouble!!car keeps cruising on 40 & it is sufficient! :up
    it feels good that your rpm needle stays on 1000rpm only!!! i.e. more FE!!! :clap :dance

WORST NIGHTMARE!!
    Dad was going to office in B2B traffic & some how dad bang car into front car’s bumper :cry: ! In addition to that car(it was a trax) front of my linea was having metal bumper. Which cause a real bad damage to my car’s bonnet & front grill was broken :sadblue ! Dad claimed for insurance & get bonnet & grill replaced. Thankfully nothing else gone wrong with her! But in new grill ‘’multijet’’ batch is missing which is identity of –LINEA- MJD. Lets see if I’ll get that batch from somewhere.

SAY NO TO FORTUNE MOTORS THANE!!.
    when i went to F.M. thane for linea's availablity their was not a single FIAT guy present to explain me about linea. when i was on test drive, the TD car was Flamenco Red & he was addressing that color as tuscan wine :lol: !!!!
    at the time of delivery he was taking too much time for registration. at every call that fiat's guy was saying'' sir give me 30.min my agent is almost done!'' this thing he continued for whole day & delayed delivery by 1 day!! When dad tried to call him he wasn't answering calls! When i dialed his no. he picked it up as he was not hving my no! :lol: poor guy!!but this thing shows that FORTUNE guys don't have any kind of respect & care for customers at all! :punch
    To fix the damage done by accident dad I took car to TASC at fortune motors in wagale estate. Those guys fix bonnet but they must have used my car for test driving. Odometer was silently telling the reality. Though exterior of the car was well cleaned & polished but inside whole seat covers were blackened, a thick layer of dust was present on cars dash board & seat covers.

CHECK YOUR CAR AT THE DELIVERY TIME:
    Guys, a word of advice to you all, when you are getting delivery please check inch & inch of your car for any kind of fault. When I got delivery of my car, right tail lamp was having scratched surface :eek: & it wasn’t looking good at all. I informed about it to my dad & dealer to replace it. He told my dad a very prolonged process & my dad wasn’t having free time through his busy schedule :cry: so initially he ignored & when he claimed for the same tail lamp to FORTUNE guy after 3months he simply refused to replace it :shock: !!! & my dad don’t like to keep pampering so he leave hopes for tail lamp replacement!! Hay mods if you guys have any suggestions please let me know!! :anyone

From the day I own –LINEA- haven’t gone for long run yet so feedback on long run is yet to come! Lets hope I’ll took her on long run soon!
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    here are some pics of my ltalian beauty

Image1343.jpg

Image1344.jpg
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    pic by cell, gotta do some editing with digicam's pics

Image0814.jpg

Image0815.jpg

Image0865.jpg

Image0896.jpg

Image0909.jpg

Image0945.jpg

Image0947.jpg

Image195.jpg
  4. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Congratulations and Thank you for the pic with FTA and BNW in one shot. Was tilting towards FTA in last few days but BNW too stands out on its own.

Image0909.jpg
  5. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    haha anytime bro, the only reason i choose FTA was, sharp lines on LINEA are excellently visible in FTA only from my point of view!on those curves & sharp edges color shades are noticeable in FTA!
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Very interesting write up,it was like a story.
    Congrats and happy motoring
  7. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    LONG LIVE LINEA

Congrats Tron. Happy motoring.
    some queries:-
    1. How is the Auto A/C effectiveness?
    2. How is the Clutch working Smooth or hard?
    thank you
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    check this FUEL EFFICIENCY guys!! :wow

Image1340.jpg
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @multijetter, thnx bro. Auto AC is doin great job. & clutch is also doin good job, i herd from may of them about clutch but i haven't face anyting yet!! :)
  10. Congrats Tron. Happy Motoring.