1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat’s exceptional car and service (RSA)

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Sunith, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hi amit,
    thank god you are safe !!!
    two months back i also had the same rear left tire blowout(was doing @60Kmph) ,the reason for blowout might be the bad roads or my tires was done with 45K kms.This happened across Zaheerabad-Hyderabad highway(NH-9). i have driven for few kms on the bad patch of the road, due to this tire was totally gone but the OEM alloys was rock solid, no alloy out.all safe... God might be busy with other cases ;)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Amit thank god you are safe and nothing happened to your car as well. :up.

Kudos to FIAT RSA and the build quality and appreciated the way you handled this situation without getting panic.
  3. amitp

amitp Amatore

Pune, Maharashtra
    No idea on whom and how to approach, I still have the cut off sidewalls with me if they can be of any use.

Euro NCAP calculates front impact at 64 kmph and side impact at 50 kmph. Even the buses on the Mumbai Pune expressway are doing well over 100 kmph at times, very few cars that do 100 kmph or less.

Acceleration is a driver's best friend in the event of a blow out.

Definitely, Fiat has come true on the Faith that I have in their cars and now its grown stronger than ever. Am sure there are many more such people.

The tires on my car were rated 88V, a combination of load and speed rating that is better than what the top spec i20 and the Polo get by default.

Goodyear GT3, run 22k when this happened.

Happy that you are safe. I did not have any bad patch at all, it was a Pune Mumbai run and back. Also the usage of my tires was less than half of yours. Fiat owners are definitely better looked after by God, is it the beauty or the build quality from Fiat that invites him when we get into trouble?
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi amit, Reading to your story reminds me of a series video on NAT of a tyre burst jumbo landing and how the pilot used his presence of mind in keeping the vehicle on runway and bringing it to a safe halt.. Thank god you and your punto are safe being gifted another life .. not every body gets a second chance, I wish you happy and safe miles ahead with FIAT..
  5. Harshad M J

Harshad M J Timido

Hii Amit
    Thank God you are safe. There is much to learn from your experience. Now we know what to do in case of tyre burst.
    take care
  6. bna

bna Novizio

Hi Amit

Its really scary. Thank God your safe. I had a similar incident at around 1 am the night. My Linea rear right tire had a puncture and i was doing speeds excess of 60kmph. Instead of braking i held my steering straight and accelerated.
    1 person likes this.
  7. vineet_k21

vineet_k21 Novizio

Wow...that was SCARY! Happy that you got out unhurt and so does your car. I recently lost a freind in accident on the same expressway...so all the more happy for you :).
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Good to read that you were safe and happy with Fiat RSA service. Do update this thread - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/dealership-service-review/6803-note-appreciation-fiat.html
    So true.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Hopefully experts here can be of any help on this... :anyone
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Glad you made it safe and sound and really professional of Fiat RSA to attend to you at that unearthly hour. However I have one observation about your theory i.e.
    From what I have read, under-inflating tires is the single biggest misconception behind tire blowouts. Your theory and belief seems to be the other way round. Is it based on some reading or article which you can share?