1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat’s exceptional car and service (RSA)

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Sunith, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Kudos to RSA and FIAT for their prompt service.. And good that you are safe and wrote this amazing report of your incident.. :)
    BTW, nice alloys.. ;)
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Cant any thing/concern be raised to some team or some 1 who is expert enough to look in detail and take preventive steps so that it should not repeat for some body else, perhaps tyre company? :confused
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    That was a really scary incident. And yes, god was really busy looking only at you forgetting every other case he was handling. And of course, your presence of mind in steering the vehicle to zero from a very high speed.
    The way the trye was torn off is unbelievable.

points for me:
    - always make sure tyre pressure is optimum when heading to highways.
    - apart from the tool kit, keep something like a half a meter pipe or so which can be used as a simple machine, along with the wheel spanner, to remove the wheel nuts.
    - avoid panic braking in the event of a tyre burst.
    1 person likes this.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Good observation. Thank god for being safe. It can also be a good lesson for all of us to take care of the tyres. Those are the cantact points for our inputs from the cabin. It was night time and hence the ambient temp couldnt have done any harm. It is the high friction and load on the shoulders due to lower pressures that could have resulted in the weakening of the tyre shoulder.
    It is always better to follow the manufacturers specs as they are giving us an average of their intensive testing, maybe a pound more or less, not more. The manufacturers do test pretty extensively. I know of a brake manufacturer in chennai who has a test track in house and many drivers continuously do brake testing untill the tyres burst. He buys tyres from my friends shop. It shows the intensity. Still all will not be just right , but the effort is there. After all this there is still something called destiny.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Super write up Amit and Thank Italy for giving FIAT to the world:D

Lot of us just write about our incidences and share them from the comfort of our homes and NOT to visiting relatives in hospital - cos of FIAT :thumbup: ;)
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    5 people like this.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I am too much terrified looking at the condition of the tyres. But i am very much surprised seeing the zero damage to the alloy, to the car and you you.

Hell with Euro NCAP ratings on other cars. They can never replicate these conditions while crash testing :)

One thing is very well taught from this incident. If tyre bursts dont panic. Dont brake hard, dont steer.
  7. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks to RSA and FIAT for such quick response, mainly at that point of time ... :up ...

Also thanks for sharing the story ...

"
    No idea of what exactly was the reason. Tires without a single puncture or incidence and a minimum 20k life left."
    really I appreciate the service of FIAT but, still I don't support fiat for why they still going with J K Tyre or such kind ... There are so many better than this kind ... As I was once in this kinda situation, got saved as I was only in 20 kmph (it was a side wall cut) ... and my car was only at 4500 km run ... Tried a lot with the JK tyre guyes for warranty but according to them "side wall cut" doesn't fall on warranty condition... end up spending another 4.5k for a new JK one. Was trying to get another brand that time, but not possible coz the other 4 was fine ...

According to me FIAT deserves some good brands regarding all this parts ... I really love the build n drive of the car.. n for this I already endorsed 4 Puntos to my other friends in a year... but sometimes I fell that a cup of water is being mixed on a ltr of milk ...

May be on coming days FIAT changes it's business strategy...

Once again the mantra sud be "
    If tyre bursts dont panic. Dont brake hard, dont steer."

8. Thank God you are Safe. I had a similar experience in my friend's Wagon R. The only difference was I was driving the car between 70 - 80 KMPH. Sensed the vibration, slowed down and pulled over to the sides to check. I didn't apply brake, but that was unintentional. " No braking when the tyre bursts " I will store this in my subconscious.

BTW, I am eager to know what was the make of the tyre and the current mileage done on that tyre ?
  9. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Spine chilling experience. Great to know that you escaped unhurt!
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thank God that you are safe. Even having a perfect car wont make you safe. Here a perfect car with a perfect driver with a perfect presence of mind saved you. The most important point is "braking is the prime reason most cars lose control, spin and have an accident" . Thank you very much for that video too. I am sure this is a great lesson to be learnt by all those who drive. :clap
    2 people like this.