1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FGP 1.3 MJD ~ Awaiting Delivery!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Jeganson, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Jeganson

Jeganson Novizio

Chennai
    Hi all,

Booked "New Pearl White FGP 1.3 MJD" and it is expected to be delivered on March 05, 2014. I took a course in speed waiting. Now I can wait an hour in only ten minutes!!
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    3 people like this.
  2. Congratulations brother, nice color choice!!.
    1 person likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Congratulations on booking the Punto. Yes, Punto owners have somewhat mastered the art of axious waiting from the time they book to actual sitting behind the wheels. Other commonly observed symptoms of this delay syndrome are constant thumb twiddling, Nail biting, Clock/Calendar watching, Day dreaming etc.:p Hope you dont get affected by these. The only cure is get the phone, call the dealer and ask if they could deliver a day or two earlier:D.

Waiting for a detailed ownership review with lot of pics. Meanwhile can you post the dealer and buying experience, OTR cost, mods planned etc? Will keep you busy till that time.
    3 people like this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Why speed wait, instead speed read on this forum I say..;)

You will be amazed how much folks here are involved with their beauties..:D Besides you can be all charged up by then rather than loosing steam which is a side effect that happens as the anxiety builds up. :p

Welcome to the Forum..!
    1 person likes this.
  5. Jeganson

Jeganson Novizio

Chennai
    Thank u All :)

I booked my Punto (Active) in Ramkay Fiat, Chennai. OTR was workin to 5.93 lakhs!! The actual OTR was 6.9L and the benifit of me being a Santro Xing XO 'Limited Edition' owner, I gotta direct discount of 50k plus a free insurance of 25k. And the freebies offered by Ramkay themselves were floor mats, mud flaps, reverse parking sensor, seat covers, USB cable and car cover. I negotiated on gettin a remote lock for which they agreed :) I paid d booking advance of 5k and coupla days later I gotta call from Ramykay informin that the car has arrived the showroom. At no time I went to d showroom with the PDI checklist accompanied by fellow team fiatian. Spent close to an hour at d showroom with the Italian beauty :-D and d car was free from damage/ faults. Left the showroom hard heartedly :( The very next day was the interim budget announcement and to my surprise I came to know dat the car prices slashed down cos of reduction in excise duty. Even before I call up Ramkay to check d revised price, I gotta call from the sales staff tellin that d prices has been revised and I getta discount of 22k more on OTR:evilsmileDat was one joyous moment!! Thereafter the loan stuffs got cleared and am counting d days with constant thumb twiddling, Nail biting, clock/ calendar watching, day dreaming like ghodlur said :p And as of now I dont haf any modification plan for d beauty!! Shall post the pictures once I get to sit behind the wheels :) Awrite!! time for day dreaming :evilsmile Ciao for nao.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    3 people like this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Why this bhed-bhav(partiality) with linea owners? :) Even we also have this syndrome :evilsmile
    3 people like this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @jeganson,

You are one hell of a lucky guy. After Ramkay pampering you with gifts, even the govt pampered you by reducing the excise duty. One stone two birds.:p

Sorry for asking but why active variant, why not atleast dynamic if not emotion? Dynamic comes with ABS as standard and is the min safety feature you can have in the vehicle if not for the air bags. Did you at all consider this? Was budget the constraint?
    1 person likes this.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats and good luck. Wishing you many happy miles. Can you please enlighten us regarding the USB cable that you are receiving? Whats the use of this USB cable?
    1 person likes this.
  9. ugandhar

ugandhar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats...
    1 person likes this.
  10. Jeganson

Jeganson Novizio

Chennai
    Yeah dude! Budget was my only constraint. I recently purchased an apartment and hence, dynamic n emotion wasnt affordable! The only desire was to hold on to d Italian beauty "Punto" and I dont regret bookin an active variant. It is at d end FIAT GRANDE PUNTO and I feel proud. Love ya guys for d time u spent on me :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi Yashik thanks a lot! USB connectivity can be plugged in to cigarette socket wid which I cud play songs wid ma pen drive.