1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Few suggestions for better user experince on forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by Viny, Nov 11, 2010.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

How to use feature of "report post".
    I can't see any such icon. Pls help out with some link if it has been discussed on TFI before.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Got it, Got it.
    Pls ignore the query.
  2. sungoa2010

What I say may look silly, but this is my observation. Many very interesting and useful threads get buried in course of time. Is there any way we can get it surfaced in a cyclic order in main page. Say 10 threads surface for a one week. This will help the members, especially new members to get familiar with old threads and we can avoid lot of duplicate queries. Just a suggestion. Some time if I found relevance I used to give links for old superhit threads. Then observed a series of discussions on that threads. This made me to think this way. :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

What i've noticed is that the server is very slow to respond.
    Many times I've see that TFI is not resolvable at all.
    It takes ages to load , and out of the blue it starts resolving..

PS:: Is TFI running on a shared server?
  4. sungoa2010

Many times twins and triplets are coming every time we try to post. We need better planning(to edit after post) otherwise duplicate posts will over populate the forum. :D
  5. Kenpachi

PB 10
    Can we have the PDI checklist or Download Section in forum "Top" tabs where all other links are present such as "Home, Forum, Whats New".
  6. sungoa2010

Here is my thoughts about the better forum. I have not excluded me here. Many times what not to be done is clear when we commit those things.

1) Let us help the moderators in cleaning the forum. If we search a topics then we can see multiple threads enjoying their parallel journey. It is difficult for one person to remember all threads. So if any of us know that similar threads exists, some where else, then use the report a problem option to brig it to moderator's notice. This is a major problem since we need to gather all relevant queries and their answers under the same umbrella. If every one participate we can finish the cleaning process as early as possible. Members who are with the forum from beginning will be more familiar with the existing threads and can contribute considerably.

2) Other issue is regarding forum violation. Let us increase our role as self moderators. If found any posts that you think as a day light violation of forum rules please report it to moderators using the same button.

3) It is also important to post the very relevant post to relevant threads. For example a technical query about your vehicle should not be posted in 'I am off topic section' especially in 'Thread of all off topic discussions'. You may get a instant response, but the topic will get buried soon with the floods of topics in that forum and that information will be almost unavailable for other members with same kind of problems.

4) Very small issues, I think will be appropriate to accommodate in ownership threads. Also it will be very convenient for others if there is a link, for some technical issues posted in technical/Minor issues section, queries in ownership threads. Whenever I have a some issues the first place that I search will be fiatlovers ownership thread since we both have 1.4 Punto and he is updating all the issues. So lot of other people will be using our ownership threads for information.

5) Thread title is another culprit which invite off topic discussion. Pay some attention on title. Even though you are creating thread for your problem think of all possible related problems of others. A title that can accommodate lot more similar problem will be more functional. For example something like "I found a strange... while checking oil" can be changed to "Engine oil queries"(assuming yours is the first post on that subject).

6) My last suggestion is to moderators. Let us define our boundaries properly. We cannot draw a virtual line between things that can be done and that can't be done. Either stick to a strict(my opinion) moderation policy or a relaxed moderation policy. Why I felt is because of the deletion of some of the posts(including mine) in 'thread of all off topic discussions...' The thread is in already off topic section. Apart from the thread title is topic of all off topic discussions. One cannot blame if some body compare the performance of his car with others in a healthy way. The life of any discussion is very small in that thread since the auto moderation is done by the next topic. Please avoid unnecessary comments about the members that has the potential of hurting them.

7) This is a public forum. There will be people from all ages all professions. Some will be good in one topic and some will be good in another topics. Some people will be a complete learners. So definitely some posts may have lack of quality and some posts will be over qualified. Some people may have their own belief(definitely from their own experiences) and some may have totally different opinion. Let us respect all. No personal attack on any one either directly or indirectly. Knowledge is pure it can come from any one. Let us respect all.

Please give your comments.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    These days (not always) I am getting the following message when I post.

"Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. "

Is this only with me or any issue with the forum?
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    ramjin, sometimes forum software put some posts as spam, mostly its correct, but sometimes some genuine posts are also goes there. all such posts would be approved. And this is nothing limited to any user.
    1 person likes this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

I too faced the same issue many times when I used external URL link in the posts.
  10. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    I have faced in ie9/mozilla , it have kept duplicates of my post,