1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Few suggestions for better user experince on forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by Viny, Nov 11, 2010.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I am noticing a lot of members - new and old but inactive alike - suddenly pop up and ask help with a problem, without searching the forum. I do not blame them fully, as searching and finding valuable information in large threads can be a pain. To address this, we can have a wiki section, that would serve the purpose of solely being a lookup reference and will be far easier to find information there, as it would not be cluttered with comments.

The wiki section, of course has to be prominently visible.

Rajan
    5 people like this.
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It is a very good suggestion, what is very desperately needed is content curating. That way the existing threads can be made useful. I have been wondering why not take all the important information in the thread and compile and post it as a first post in the thread, Moderators could do it or select senior members capable of the same. The titles too could be corrected to make them more precise from the search viewpoint.
    For eg. Mag wheel types, PCD, Tubeless Tyres etc. each deserves a seperate discussion even if they are from the same family. These can be segregated and relevant posts pushed to more relevant threads. Also extra questions that are not common or not unique could be shifted to a questionaire section and answers/references pointed back to the relevant threads. Alternatively, we could follow Yahoo answers like answer voting system.

Wiki is not impossible, but it needs various levels of moderation with selection of a panel of experts that have a final authority on the topic. It of course has the benefit of continuous review and uptodate information. The only challenge will be to implement it.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think search quality is still poor in TFI. it should have a tabbed option to search titles
  5. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    Guy is their any thread related to touring like people posting their trip log , if yes please direct me else I think it is the most important part missing here

Sent from my Canvas Play Edition using Tapatalk 4
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please use this section - Street & Travel Experience
    1 person likes this.
  7. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
  8. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Its fine now.
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Amogh,

Thanks a ton for the intimation. Can I suggest a common e-mail to the TFI members about the downtime planned for the future if this is possible? Thanks in advance.