1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Few suggestions for better user experince on forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by Viny, Nov 11, 2010.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for reserving your special post for me. I am touched.

Thank you so much.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Except that they can be allowed to open a thread in the introduction section.
  3. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore

Everyone here has grown to learn from the start being a new member, you(expertos) all have gotten close to the new members due to them opening their ownership thread and sharing their booking experience. By not letting them open threads until their 1st 50 - 100 threads, its like discouraging them.

Instead help them get to know about searching the threads etc and going through threads.

Mention when they register to go through the site thoroughly and enable/accept their membership after 2 - 3 days. This should give them time to get familiarized with the site.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Could consider putting restrictions at sub-forum level rather than at the global level. For example, any new member should be able to open an post an introduction thread or an ownership thread. Limitations can be put in technical sections etc. I have no clue how feasible is this. Just a suggestion.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Mods just a humble request.

Now we have Classic Fiat section in forum. Please add the ownership sections for the classic fiats.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rishi, there will not be sub-sections in Classic Fiat section.
    All ownership and technical threads should be created in same section.

We don’t intend to make this section as detailed as new Fiats, for various reasons which were discussed earlier.
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks Ravi for the reply :)
  8. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India

Well, I am against putting any kind of restriction on new members. The member might be new here but he maybe a knowledge bank. The number of posts and likes is not a testament of one's knowledge.

If you're tired of seeing newbies starting new threads without checking out the existing ones, you have the option of clicking on "Report Post". Doing this will bring the post to Mods' attention and the needful will be done.
    3 people like this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Off late, everyday the forum goes down / returns timeout error around 1:00 PM IST. I guess there might be some scheduled activity, like a back up, happening during that time. Can we consider changing the schedule to sometime late in the night, say 1:00 AM?

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Hope this should not happen going forward.