1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Few suggestions for better user experince on forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by Viny, Nov 11, 2010.

1. shams

shams Esperto

^^ using the advanced search option, we can specify a location and search! it works properly
    1 person likes this.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

No, i just tried out your suggestion . What i mean is not like that.

I want to know who stays in vizag.
    So i want a search option which will take the input as 'vizag' and then show me all TFI members living in vizag.
    I dont want to see there posts or anything like that. I just want there Alias so that I can manually ping then for any advice in that location
  3. shams

shams Esperto

It does work like you want it to..
    try this:
    goto Community->Member List-> Search Members -> Advanced Search. Here you have 'Location' field where you can filter your search by any location!!

Using this i found that there are two members from Vizag. 'Homesh Kumar' and 'sreekar'
    2 people like this.
  4. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Would like to see alerts under notifications if a post is quoted or If the user is mentioned during a post!
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    As far i have seen in this forum people are visiting to check what's in there from FIAT how's the Brand performing, the FIAT Fan club and look into all the niggles and issues faced by the owners.
    It came to my mind several times.. Why not have a new section on FIAT in TFI Forum which details a brief History of FIAT Automobiles then Official Review of FIAT cars by TFI for all models with detailed specs, pictures and recommendations. Dear Mods please put a thought here as we are growing.

/* Don't know whether to post this or not just a suggestion. */
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Today what I found....

Likes received shows 446 & in header its 444

Same with likes given
  7. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Something similar with me too. But in my case I got a like on a duplicate post which was later deleted.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Can we restrict new members from starting new threads, till they have at least made a specified number - say 50 or 100 posts? I am tired of seeing new threads for ICE, tyre upsize, minor niggle queries and most often I notice that the thread's first post is the member's first post as well.

4 people like this.
  9. I support Rajan's idea but not sure how difficult it is do it as rule in the forum.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My first post in TFI on 11th of Aug 2011 was the thread itselves (Wiper Stalk broken).
    i was about to complete my 2000 posts and suddenly saw i'm reduced with 100 posts :( .
    BTW the 2000th post was special and it was for Rajan for cruise control.