1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Few suggestions for better user experince on forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by Viny, Nov 11, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Is there any way to increase the time of login-state if the page is not active for some time. For example if we are keep on typing some thing then I need to again login after clicking the submit button. Can the user control this time interval or is it fixed by system?
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I think you can instead check the "Remember me" option when you login. It won't timeout for ever. Log off manually when you want to or just close the browser.
    1 person likes this.
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    I do the same thing. Have enabled this option both on my PC and tablet. I last entered my username and password months ago!
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    My Mozilla browser remember the user Id and password. Still my login get deactivated. I need to again login.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Then I think you need to change some settings in your browser. This option works good with both IE and Chrome.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    See if you are using Private Browsing or perhaps enable Cookies options disable. Or even you might have blocked this forum from storing any information. If nothing of this works, just clear every history and restart the browser. Some times the corrupted sqllite files are the problems.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Wishful thinking. One can buy a motor vehicle and use it on the public roads, without anyone even checking if the buyer has a valid license. What is an Auto Forum afterall? I mean you cannot crash and kill people on a forum, right? Tell me something, when you bought your car, did anyone ever check if you have a valid driving license?

Now with regards to your time out problem- Did you recently upgrade Mozilla Firefox? I think it is an automatic upgrade. In that case, this might help:

If you go to Firefox->Options, go to the Advanced panel, then click on the Network tab, click on the Settings button under Connection (Configure how Firefox connects to the Internet). I believe the default is "Use System Proxy Settings", if it is not, set to that and your problem should go away.

Rajan
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The feature Remember Me on the forum and remember password in Firefox are different features. If you select Remember Me on the site before logging in, the site will mostly not log you out of a long time unless the cookies get deleted.

The feature to remember the username/password in the browser will only help in not have to type it in every time you get logged out.

I recommend you logout now once and make sure the Remember Me is checked before you login in the site.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks. Problem is resolved with Remember me option. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks. I misunderstood that you were talking about the remember me on computer option of browser. :)
  10. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Yesterday , I report this acc ( IMO , Its may be Fake acc. )......who celebrating his 1st birthday :evilsmile

View Profile- abarth - Team Fiat India.png

Hope So , Admin will take some action regarding this !!
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012