1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Few suggestions for better user experince on forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by Viny, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I have few suggestions for website usability and better user experiences

1. Kindly subscribe the user to a thread when he posts a message to the thread, this way he can check the status of all the threads where he had made any postings from the control panel and can unsubscribe anytime if he doesnt want to follow up.

2. Could you kindly increase the font sizes for pagination blocks, those are very tiny ones and at times are hard to select and click.

3. There are two many smilies shown next to the post compostion box, resulting into scrolling of page to click the submit button. Kindly limit the similes so that there smilies section is size of post text box. (I am using firefox, long smilies section means a big blank space between posting text area and submit button)

Lets use this thread pointing out suggestions for improvements.
  2. @Viny: Regarding point #1, you can always use the link "View your posts".
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I would also suggest a mobile site for those small screen readers. Currently the images on site download everytime I refresh consuming my bandwidth, A text only website will be more appropriate for mobile readers.

If that's a bit difficult something like Taptalk plug-in can be installed on the server. The end users then need to download the client onto their mobile devices. This client is available for Nokia, Android and iPhone as well. So an easy win-win situation if creating a mobile site is difficult.

More on Tapatalk and how to enable here http://www.tapatalk.com/
    1 person likes this.
  4. +1 to you teky :)

Moderators, are you listening? ::pP
  5. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Have you tried using opera mobile? http://www.opera.com/mobile/ Its compactable with most handsets out there.
    with that you can decide if you want to download images with the text or not.. (i'm in no way trying to promote opera, but i have found it to work best with TFI than the stock browser on my phone)
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Thanks Chaos - I did indeed try Opera on the iPhone however I would stick to Safari for various reasons. How difficult is it to enable Taptalk - It's one of the best clients I've used so far, I've been using for other forums I've been accessing.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Seems like tapatalk is enabled now. Thanks a ton mods, it is indeed a breeze to browse through the forum. Anyone interested in screenshots let me know.
  8. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I believe adding a "live posts" feature to the forum will be great ......it will be good to see latest posts jumping on top of each other.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can try using "New Posts" or "Active Posts" link on the top.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Adding rich text editor option to quick reply will help in adding images, urls and other content formating while doing a quick reply.