1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Few queries on Punto Evo Dynamic 1.2

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gShrey, Dec 28, 2014.

1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @gShrey is this your first car or do you have Maruti/Hyundai earlier?

Why I'm asking this question because, there is a huge difference in clutch in Fiat & Maruti. Maruti/Hyundai can run with half clutch depressed.
    But for Fiats, there is nothing like half clutch. So if you have depressed the clutch till the smell you got there is a 100% chances of the clutch damage. You need to change the your driving style with usage of clutch as recommended by @ghodlur .

Fortunately you drive 1.2 so the clutch replacement will not cost a bomb though :) But again there will be a concern why so early clutch replacement?
    punto_emotion likes this.
  2. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    What was the A/C mode? internal or fresh air?

--Rajeev
  3. gShrey

gShrey Timido

Mahadevpura
    bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    The AC was Off as it was early morning. BTW the mode was set on internal.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 29, 2014 ---
    This is my 1st car but have driven my friend's Hyundai i20 in ghats.
    Actually i realized that too there that unfortunately half clutch does not works with Fiat. Probably need to work on my driving skill so as to save my clutch.
    @nibedk For sure this car is a bit under power because of its weight.
    @prabhjot Yeah i am not too used to Punto so need to observe the car behaviour and change my driving style accordingly.

Also as @rajeev_pillai pointed the half clutch funda doesnt works with Fiat, which is probably much required on inclines.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
    prabhjot and rishike007 like this.
  4. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot . The comparision here between Swift Petrol and Punto 90 HP diesel is only for stop and go situations not for drive on inclines. Everything mentioned in my previous post is only for stop and go situations on the incline. As far as driving on inclines no issues with Fiat cars. I would rather say no other car can hold candle to Punto on ghats except Polo 1.5 TDI/I20 elite on ghats. Punto with a good driver behind the wheel will be able to extract all from the engine and beat its fancied competitors as well.
    @gShrey .Half clutch does work perfectly fine on Fiat. It would rather work on any vehicle. Its just the weight that will make the vehicle backwards if half clutch technique is not used properly. That creates all the panic situation and we are forced to use the hand brake. I have tried it myself when there is no traffic behind me. I let all the other cars move in front of me and use the half clutch to move the car. It works perfectly fine. With traffic behind me I use the hand brake. I tried half clutch once and was almost about to hit the vehicle behind me. That was the very first time after I bought my Punto. Never tried in traffic after that. Should work fine with a little courage and pateince. I am paranoid about touching any other vehicle on road. I know how bad it feels even if some one puts a small scratch on my Punto. So I always drive in a way so that no one else on the road faces any inconvinience because of me.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
    mangeshtendulkar and prabhjot like this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    i use half clutch quite frequently on inclines but while car is in motion. Once it stops on a fairly steep incline, half clutch technique doesn't work. Have to use handbrake there.

This the case with almost all turbo diesels and punto is no different. even with handbrake engaged, car starts moving up hill from stand still only when the rpm reaches the turbo zone with the press of A pedal.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @gShrey, I was taking a detailed look at features between Evo-Active, Dynamic and Emotion [Diesels]. Price difference between Active and Dynamic seemed on a higher side[~80K] whereas feature difference is pretty minimal and probably doesn't justify the price difference. Dynamic has additional features like Music System, ABS/EBD, driver height adjust, remote keyless entry as the major useful ones than smallish ones like body colored ORVMs, door handles, temperature display. It doesn't have air bags and alloys either. Fiat website mentions front power windows only. To me, the price difference looks pretty steep between these variants. Perhaps a 40K increase may have been fine. Just wanted to know yours' and other members' view point since you selected the dynamic variant.
  7. gShrey

gShrey Timido

Mahadevpura
    bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    @Saket Sidana Mine is a petrol variant not diesel. The difference between active and dynamic is 40K for petrol variant which is worth the extra features stated by you.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @gShrey, yeah that's fine for Diesel. I thought you had petrol. For petrol variants, I wonder what fiat thought while pricing the dynamic variant steeply above active.
  9. gShrey

gShrey Timido

Mahadevpura
    bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    @Saket Sidana guess u got lost between words and have put petrol instead of diesel and diesel instead of petrol. I will correct it for you "For Diesel variants, I wonder what fiat thought while pricing the dynamic variant steeply above active."

For diesel difference is 80K where as its 40k for pertol.
  10. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Ah, my bad! Too much work getting me out of my senses. Thanks for correcting me. :) Would be good to have your opinion on diesel pricing.