1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Few modifications for Punto in Pune. Suggest me some dealers

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by kedarbendre, May 13, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am planning to buy a Bossa Nova White Punto. I am planning some mods for my car

Please suggest me a good dealer for following mods. If I get all these mods under one roof then it will be appreciated.

1) Black Roof ( Shiny Black )
    2) Blackened Headlamps & Taillamps
    3) Red Colored Mirrors and Spoiler ( Spoiler: I am going to order it from Vighneshram )
    4) Abarth stickers. ( I have vector file with me & I need skilled radiumwala )
    5) Is it possible to fix antenna of Linea Tjet to Punto.
    6) How angel eyes will look on blackened out headlamps?
    7) Red stitching for gear knob & steering.
    8) Armrest for Punto. ( Do I need to fix it in showroom or do we have someone in aftermarket? )
    9) How white colored OEM alloys look on White color Punto?
    10) Cubbie please send me that abarth logo which we pasted on Fuel Tank lid.

The list will be continued.

Mods please merge this thread to appropriate thread if you find this duplicate.
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Kedar bhai congrats on finalizing Punto

2. Do not blacken the headlights and tail lights. That reduces the intensity of the light and is a safety hazard.

You may go for angel eye headlights and led tail lights as other TFI'ans have.

Gurjinder.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thanks for advise paji. I am not interested in LED tail lamps. I am not saying that all blackened Headlights. I am planning to something like what was in Punto Sportz which was there of Factory visit.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    White alloys(front) may get dity with the black powder coming from break pads(Issue discussed some where else in forum). White alloys and black roof may not look impressive.
    Other options will make it great.
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Black roof along with black shiny alloys would be a smoker ....
  6. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Mods for Punto

So finally you have selected the Punto - is it 75 or 90 ??

1) Black Roof ( Shiny Black ) - Can be done by my dealer back here in Mumbai - Matt would be a better looking though.
    2) Blackened Headlamps & Taillamps - The ones that you saw on the Sportz may not be available here and to do that you might have to open the headlight assembly. Suggest you refrain from doing it.
    3) Red Colored Mirrors and Spoiler ( Spoiler: I am going to order it from Vighneshram ) - Again can be done at any paint booth. Have a reference in Mumbai if interested.
    4) Abarth stickers. ( I have vector file with me & I need skilled radiumwala ) - Again I have a dealer which has precision radium cutting machine and can use your vector file to do it easily.
    5) Is it possible to fix antenna of Linea Tjet to Punto. - That should not be a problem, though punto has a antenna of its own why do you need another one.
    6) How angel eyes will look on blackened out headlamps? - Not sure
    7) Red stitching for gear knob & steering. - Any seats manufacturer can do this
    8) Armrest for Punto. ( Do I need to fix it in showroom or do we have someone in aftermarket? ) - As per the thread armster - use the linea parts as they are direct fit.
    9) How white colored OEM alloys look on White color Punto? - Would look nice but remember that will void warranty and anyway the brake dust would make them look black soon or else you will have to use alloy wheel cleaner from wuerth which also give a protective sheild for the alloys for few days from the brake dust. Though not sure how effective it is - used it for few times and needed reapplication every 15 days.
    10) Cubbie please send me that abarth logo which we pasted on Fuel Tank lid. - Not a bad idea.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    wow, do post the pictures once the modification is done with, luv to see it
  8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry for being a spoil sport here : but do you REALLY need to do any of these ?

The BNW looks smashing in white as it is !! Any of the above mods if not done properly will ruin the look of a new car. Why do you want to take a chance ? Run the car as it is for a couple of years : then try and do such mods.

I would refrain from doing such things on a new car. I can clearly see your enthusiasm, I am not taking anything away from it : but the risks you run while doing such mods are far higher than the benefits !!

Just do the stickering bit.
  9. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    "The BNW looks smashing in white as it is !!" - Hear HEAR!
    KedarBendre - recommend just change speakers and, possibly, add an amplifier.
  10. kedar saab
    i am getting the original spoiler for the punto..
    thats all. mine is also bnw punto.

also thinking to add a couple of strips at the bottom of the doors for the racy look. not the regular red abarth stripes but some thing different like one of those on the fiat accessories uk website