1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Few concerns (minor electrical and body) - Punto Evo

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by santoshmandali, Jan 26, 2015.

1. santoshmandali

santoshmandali Amatore

Bengaluru, Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.3
    • Loss of paint on the edge where the door latch intersects with the body while opening the door
    • Might be electrical but - When I hit the horn, media player goes back to AUX automatically
    • When reverse gear is engaged I hear a oozing sound..(may be from reverse parking sensor even without obstruction)
    • If a charger is plugged in along with phone and reverse gear is engaged the RPS beeps from the time the gear is engaged even without obstruction
    • The 40 rear seat lock doesn't sit properly (60 seat is fine) and it is observed that the plastic mould is broken and not sure if the spare is available
    • ODO display blinks at times and I have to restart the vehicle to stop the blinking
  2. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Sorry mate .. looks like you have some major electrical mess up. Please take it to FASC at the earliest and get all the issues fixed.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @santoshmandali

Hi. The only two of the above that are worth good worry are the press-horn-and- and the ODO blinking. The first has a fix, since it is a common problem on early batch Evo-s and Avventura-s, please contact/PM @Rahul Singh, for example. I believe it's an earthing issue caused by a defective USB port? Fiat know about it and are providing a new one as a fix. A visit to FASS would not be remiss. Small stuff this, I feel, they'll sort it out for you?

Glad you're relishing your new drive, the Punto Evo: you sure must be, seeing how much driving you're doing. Is there a better car in the marketplace for fast, high-mileage, long-runs?

cheers
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I also have the horn pad issue taking the stereo back to aux. I didnt worry much as it is a minor nuisance. Good to know an easy solution. I did not follow up with Fiat on this thinking they would open the steering and all. Would follow up on first service due in next 2 months. As always, there is so much to learn on this forum. Thanks @prabhjot and @Rahul Singh.
    VIJENDRA SINGH and prabhjot like this.
  5. santoshmandali

santoshmandali Amatore

Bengaluru, Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I am having them checked tomorrow at Vecto Motors...
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Iam having a peculiar problem. Since the topic was electrical in the EVO, I thought it fit to include my issue in this than to open a separate thread.

Very often during a drive , I find that static charge builds up on the front driver side door pad. I keep my hand towards the pad, my forearm hair raises and I can feel a kind of mild pulling. Sometimes when I get out of my car and swing back the door to shut, I get a mild shock!!. It is very feeble but it takes me by surprise. It would be very apt to mention that I had a similar issue in my previous Punto too.

I spoke to the SM at RDC ambattur about my issue. He said it is not specific to FIAT as he had come accross the same issue in Marutis when he was doing his stint there and also said that other brands too have the issue. He also mentioned that it was more specific to the electrical conductivity of the specific person. Well, I am left to wonder if I am a conductor of current. Scary to think.
    Your thoughts please.

Abdul
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The question is why is there are static charge builtup. Is it a year round issue..? or specific to climatic changes @jumu
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    But I wonder, how static can cause such problems? Please follow-up with FASC & get it sorted out as this might get worst after some time.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @asimpleson, I really cant tell when it happens. Once when it was happening continuously with my earlier Punto, I told FASS about it and went there for a check up, but they couldnt feel anything on the door. When I asked the SM if it could be a faulty wiring while fixing speaker, he said if that was the case, the battery would drain in about 4 hours and I wouldnt be able to start the car. Who should I mail to at FIAT?

Abdul
  10. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I have noticed this media player going to FM and FM going to media player in few occasion, never faced it before the FIAT service guys gave a wash. Anyways its just 2 days I got my car back after a bumper repair. Will be checking out if it still persist. My only initial impression is maybe the liquid polish they use might have gone inside the USB socket, I found the cover slider open while they were cleaning the interior. Hoping it should be fine after the chemical dries.

As for the Plastic mold covering the Hinge lock, they are suppose to be broken in the first operation and removed. That's what my SA told me when I complained.
    prabhjot likes this.