1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Few basic question before buying 1.3 Active MJD - Tad Urgent please

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by gauravbfss, Oct 8, 2013.

1. gauravbfss

gauravbfss

Delhi
    Fellows, please excuse me in case answers are discussed elsewhere as well. I have to conclude buying decision so need clarification on undermentioned:

A) Are Handling charges allowed? Read somewhere HC judgement was against that.

B) Why different handelling charges. Say Fiat Cafe at CP is charging logistics charges of 3500 while Moti nagar dealer is charging 69990.

C) CP dealer is also seeking 2K for basic kit while moti nagar is not charging anything per price list.

E) Is RC Enough to claim exchange bonus? or can I claim exchange bonus on my BROTHER;s Car.

F) What are usual Freebies with Punto. They offered me matting only.

Discount offered is Exchange 50,000 ( If I offer RC+ Insurance) else 35K
    Gift Cheque 35000
    Cash Discount 9k

G) I love good looking wheels. What should I look for. I guess alloys are very expensive. I would prefer wider tyres wont that reduce the FE and also how much would that cost.

I want a nice Music SYSTEM and CAR SEAT COVERS AS WELL :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  2. gauravbfss

gauravbfss

Delhi
    Missed to ask..What is new expected in 2014 PUNTO and expected time for launch?
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Please see FIAT India news section. There are threads specific to this question/doubt. At the moment there is no confirmed date about new Punto. All are just speculations.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Dealers are independent entities so the deal being offered by one dealer will not always be matched by the other. Check out all dealers and make a reasoned choice.

At the moment, nothing much is known about the so called "new" Punto apart from some half baked leads about it being launched sometime in 2014. But it's easily an year or so away.

Buy the present Punto without any apprehensions. :)
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    All your queries are negotiable items, whichever dealer is giving you more benefit, buy from that.

For tyres, just exchange OE tyres with 185/70 R14 tyres. Alloys can be added later.
    I beleive Active also comes with Music System, replace the speakers for now. And get ICE done after warranty is over.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Gaurav,

To answer your queries:
    A) Handling charges are illegal. You should not be paying it.
    B) Handling charges are dealer specific and charged for the storage and transport of the your booked vehicle from their depot/godown to the dealer showroom, RTO visits etc. Hence the charge levied vary.
    C) Again dealer specific, reasons best known to the dealer.
    E) Exchange bonus is applicable when you buy a Fiat car from the dealer in exchange for your old car. You cant claim exchange bonus on your brother's car. You need to provide the old car RC to claim the exchange bonus.
    F) Most of the dealers just offer matting as freebies. If you negotiate hard, then you might also pick up other accessories such as rear parking sensors, door sills etc depending upon the amount which dealer promises to offer as freebie. Try Corporate discount too if applicable.
    G) Since Active doesn come with Alloy wheels, you can try the alloys offere on higher variants. The alloy wheels cost has been reduced recently as per a few posts in the forum. Try checking the 99rpm site for the actual cost. IMO the existing alloys of Punto are good looking too. Music system and car seat covers are upto the buyer to select, but opt from outside Fiat dealer. You may get it quite cheap.
    1 person likes this.