1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fender dent ... need help in deciding insurance or own pocket

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by krishna.sree, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Thank you, I can live with the current condition itself and also want to wait for few more before going to garage,
    but I heard that, old dents are not covered under insurance. so if the call is insurance, I want to get it done immediately,
    and if its from my pocket I will wait for few more of them ... :)

and also if I get a detailed estimation from the surveyor in SC, I guess, I can't go back and claim the same at later point.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Goto a 3rd party body shop and not the SC, there is little one can do to classify dents as old or new as long as it's one body panel in question.

Also as Rajan said, you would not want to have an accident history maintained with your service records.
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    Insurance is bought for only one reason - To be of use when the situation ( like this one ) arises.

Don't do too many calculations and get the car repaired under insurance. IRDA keeps REVISING rates and policies. Just think of situation at hand right now -

Remember - you paid a premium for insurance, so when u CLAIM, u justify that premium cost u already paid. What u pay next year is what u pay next year to be insured in that year.....and do claim again when u get into a situation like this (which we all hope we don't). Simple?:cool:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  4. pdash

pdash Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    One of my friend did the same job on his figo for 5k in Sejal motors, near martha halli, if you are staying near by can can have a second opinion there.
  5. adigabnp

adigabnp Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    The dent on your fender is very identical to the one I had early this year for which I claimed insurance. I believe insurance is there to be claimed when required!!
    Looking at the pics, you just need some work on the fender. I suppose the bumper should be fine for now. I think 10k for this job is very high.
    Re-check with the service center and ask for a detailed quote for the job and then you can decide better.
  6. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Less than 10K do not claim insurance, since your NCB can be transferred to a new car u buy, if u sell ur present car...
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

I dont think it need 10k worth work.
    Basically the fender didnt lose much of color, it only got the red color form bus, so a cutter polish should be able to remove it easily. Getting dent removed using oil spaltter should not cost more than 500rs for dent removal, and another 200 rs for cutting/ polish, so under 700rs is should be very much liveable, and if the the denting painting guys has pearl white isn stock, he might fill up the few small black marks with touch ups.

Take your car to a decent outside denting painting shop, you should able to get it back to 90% or more for less that 1000rs.
  8. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

@Krishna.sree: Sorry to see your 15 days old car damaged

Here are my 2 cents..

Regarding the repair charges,
    ASCs are always known to quote more. Check with other people who can do a perfect color matching. I will definitely recommend Sai colorium in JP nagar for their color matching and quality of work. They do have insurance facilities (FG and more) and you can save some money by negotiating the charges and by having a word about our forum. My feeling is that the cost should be within 6K (if you are planning to repair the bumper too).

However there is one another point (very rare chance though) to consider in leaving your car at a place where they can easily swap components (esp Battery).

Regarding the insurance claim,
    Spend from your pocket based on the following priorities:
    1) If the NCB will be more than the actual expense incurred. Calculate 20% of the own damage premium (not the entire premium) and compare.
    2) If you are confident enough that you won't go for a claim in the left over 350 days and above point is true (I understand it's hypothetical, but also depends on your driving experience)
    3) If you don't want to have any record of accidents in your vehicle history
    1 person likes this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

My honest suggestions - let the dent remain. I know it will hurt every time you see it but since its a new car, it is bound to be nicked/scratched in the busy traffic and senseless driving conditions. If you are too picky and would like to see the car in its original glory then I would suggest get the repairs done at your own cost instead of makinga claim. Try a FNG nearby who can get it done at a lesser cost than the ASC.

My heart goes out for you to see a new car being damaged by careless driving of BMTC. I hope you must have forwarded a strong worded mail/letter on their website or office.
  10. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

that falls to deaf ears??

There are several lakhs of rupees pending as traffic violation penalties from BMTC. They don't seem to instruct their workers to reduce the traffic offences. They rule Bangalore roads while racing amongst themselves to pick passengers between stops.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013